BT Dongle recognised as USB Composite Device (XP Home)?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
May 8, 2005 8:03:14 PM

Hello all,

First post here so greetings!!

Been pulling my hair out this past week trying to get a Bluetooth
Dongle (Epox BT-DG03BF) installed on my laptop (HP Pavilion ZV5000).

Have tried installing the WIDCOMM drivers supplied with it, along with
the HP Bluetooth Support drivers (also WIDCOMM) on the HP Technical
Support site also.

And i keep getting the dongle installed as a USB Composite Device in my
Device Manager. And even after installing the drivers, i'm getting 'My
Bluetooth Places' and 'Bluetooth Configuration' in Control Panel... but
no 'Bluetooth Radios' / 'Bluetooth Devices' in my Device Manager.

Strange one, don't you think?

Hope someone can help me with 'this rhubard of a jam of a pickle'! (to
quote Ned Flanders)

Many thanks in advance,

Brian
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
May 9, 2005 4:21:27 PM

In article <1115593394.066084.205660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
<brianbasquille@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>First post here so greetings!!
>
>Been pulling my hair out this past week trying to get a Bluetooth
>Dongle (Epox BT-DG03BF) installed on my laptop (HP Pavilion ZV5000).
>
>Have tried installing the WIDCOMM drivers supplied with it, along with
>the HP Bluetooth Support drivers (also WIDCOMM) on the HP Technical
>Support site also.
>
>And i keep getting the dongle installed as a USB Composite Device in my
>Device Manager. And even after installing the drivers, i'm getting 'My
>Bluetooth Places' and 'Bluetooth Configuration' in Control Panel... but
>no 'Bluetooth Radios' / 'Bluetooth Devices' in my Device Manager.
>
>Strange one, don't you think?
>
>Hope someone can help me with 'this rhubard of a jam of a pickle'! (to
>quote Ned Flanders)
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>
>Brian

Are you running Windows XP with SP2? If yes, the following may help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840635
!