New gtx 570, benchmark questions

Qatar

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Hello all,

So my recent 3870 x2 died on me a few weeks ago so I upgraded to the Nvidia SC GTX 570... Everything has been working fine so far when playing games, no real noticeable drops in fps even on crysis very high. The fps can drop around ~15 fps at times on crysis and I'm thinking that is due to my older cpu (ill post specs below). When I run the concrete jungle (most demanding) benchmark for Just Cause 2, I'm averaging 14 fps with everything maxed out. If I turn off AA and lower AF 2x I'm only receiving about a 1 fps gain. So my question is am I putting out average numbers compared with my spec? It seems like with this powerful GPU (and already SC) I should be putting out higher numbers...

Specs: Windows Vista 32 bit
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core Processor @ 2.2 Ghz
3 GB RAM
Asus m3a32-MVP Deluxe mobo
750w OEM ATX psu
Nvidia SC GTX 570

Thanks for the help.

mrjericho1991

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
your cpu is bottlenecking your card,you must have atleast 4gb ram with windows 7 not windows vista,your system supports directx11 that may only come into play once you install windows 7,you must overclock your processor to atleast 3.2ghz in order to get the real performance of gtx 570.thats the only problem,you are just bottlenecked by lower clocked speed of your setup once you overclock your cpu and increase your ram to atleast 4-6 gb.then you will see huge increase in performance and dont forget to install windows 7 64bit edition not 32bit.

Pc Guru_07

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011

Vista also supports dx 11.@Op You are using a cutting age gpu with a worthless cpu.Upgrade it now.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Unless you are going to run out and buy a new CPU and mb, dont worry about these benchmarks. Just play the game and enjoy that very nice graphics card...

Too many people worry about random numbers...