Finalizing a multi media pc

preolt

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Hey TH, Back again to finalize a quick media build I am doing for my buddies family.

Usage: photo editing, web surfing, gaming, multi tasking
Preferred parts supplier: Newegg, Microcenter, Tiger direct (any large trust worthy company)
Do not need: Monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, OS

Spec Sheet

CPU: i5-2500k (will oc to around 4.2 ghz and leave it at that)
Mobo: Gigabyte UD4? (I was thinking of waiting for evga to release a mobo but their sucking wind in the mobo dep)
CPU cooler: H60 Corsair
Tower: Cooler master haf
gpu: msi twin frozr gtx 560 ti
RAM: G.Skill 2x4gb at 1600
PSU: Rosewill 1000W semi modular(I know people hate rosewill hear but I have used it in 9 different builds and they have been solid, you just have to watch the model numbers and read reviews, also I picked 1000W because I will probably ad another card for them in the next year)

I dont have a specific price cap given to me I just tried to build what I thought was the best overall value. What do you guys think? Over all I believe this build comes in right under $1000.

preolt

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for the input. I didnt use a calculator just did some napkin math in my head and hit around 800W, at 80% efficiency on an 80 bronze rated psu I think I will be ok. Also I need the psu I choose to at least be semi modular for cable control.

I have never bought Asrock before. I have been hearing good things though. I am just confused on one thing though. If Asus owns Asrock, and designed them to cater to lower end consumers then why is asrock now producing products that cannibalize sales of Asus by undercutting prices?

Also the one thing looking back that I noticed is that I have not fit in a low end ssd into this build. If I wanted to keep it under 1000 bones what do you guys think I should change?

Efficiency has to do with input power vs output power so a 750w psu puts out 750w but takes in more than that. But your setup even with sli 560s actually won't even hit 650w.

Modular will cost a little more but this is also silver certified. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703027

Most people still get Asus over Asrock. I'm not sure how they get lower prices but they're still good quality.

If it's only a little too much, just get a cheaper cooler, case, or ram. Otherwise you can either drop sli, or not get the ssd. You did not state which haf you're getting.