How to understand memtest86 results

I ran memtest and on my first go it said I failed I restarted my pc and when I tried memtest I had no errors the second time. Is this possible or was it something I don't no about

Thanks
17 answers Last reply
More about understand memtest86 results
  1. Depends on 'when' Memtest failed. If it failed after Memtest was running and no errors were listed then the PSU, MOBO or CPU could be the problem. If it failed while Memtest was first loading then I'd say your ODD (DVD/BR drive) had a bad read.

/edit - it's best to only use the latest version of Memtest.
  2. What if on the first go it failed during the test and one the second it passed without fail
  3. I thought I posted a possibility to that scenario above, another possibility is a BIOS update; many BIOS updates address both stability & memory issues. IF it's passing Memtest now and if time after time it passes without errors then you're good.
  4. Is it possible to get errors if it's not installed all the way in the DIMM slot
  5. Sure improper DIMM seating can cause all sorts of havoc.
  6. Hopefully that's it I will test it once more and
    Hopefully it will be fine and
    I won't need any of your kind help
  7. I'm always here and Good Luck! :)

Trust me, I get your concerns and in a few day's I'd retest for some peace of mind!
  8. hi guys...
    i have an intel motherboard dh61ww.. can i connect three fans to the motherboad (one cpu fan, and two other 120mm fans)..???? i'll be connecting the two fans by 3 pin fan power Y cable which will be inserted in 3 pin on the motherboard...power supply is 450w...
    specs...(i5-2500... no gpu)
  9. Yes..of course
  10. hi guys...
    my build is an i5-2500... intel dh61ww motherboard with 6 gb RAM (4gb+2gb)... will this 6GB ram effect my system stability??
  11. Quote:
    Yes..of course

thanks alot :)
  12. No? 4gb 6gb 8gb 16gb 2000000gb won't affect stability...just affects what you can do with your pc
  13. Quote:
    No? 4gb 6gb 8gb 16gb 2000000gb won't affect stability...just affects what you can do with your pc

thanx dude....
  14. However if its using 4gb kit with 2gb kit Id recommend you look at your motherboard manual, because some dont work
  15. Quote:
    However if its using 4gb kit with 2gb kit Id recommend you look at your motherboard manual, because some dont work

i will sure do..
  16. I just did a test and it worked.

Thanks for the help I owe you one
  17. This next topics has been merged by Pyree
    Help plzz
    Help plzzzzzz
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards