Can I use firepro v8700 card and integrated graphics together for the purpose of

Status
Not open for further replies.

1allan

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Hello,
I mainly do graphics work with Maya Photoshop and like software. My dilemma, unknown to me the 8700 only supports two monitors. I recently purchased a 3rd monitor a dell u2711. So now I am trying to figure out a way to get my 3 monitor setup to work without having to shell out a bunch of money for another graphics card for a monitor that I will mainly be using for extra space for panels and other non essential things. A friend at work suggested I use my motherboards on board GPU to power the 3rd monitor will this work and if so does anyone know of any caveats. I fear getting a performance hit with the 8700 it runs so well I’d hate to do anything to change that, but I really need this third monitor to work. Does anyone have any other ideas of a cost effective solutions which may fix my issue.
Here are the details of my system I believe needed.
Monitors> 1- Dell Ultrsharp U2711/ 2 - LG W2243T-PF
Motherboard> Asus M4A78T-E
Graphics card> ATI Firepro v8700
Operating System> Windows 7 64bit
PS. As a added note I have a Radeon 5770 sitting around collecting dust if that helps.

Solution
None of these combinations will work in Hybrid CF mode and none of them are "regular" CF or CFX mode capable (together) either.

The 5770 may actually support 3 monitors by itself, but you will lose the benefit of the pro card's (8700) app support..

BTW, the FirePro v8700 I am looking at supports 3 monitors (2-displayport and 1-DVI. Assuming yours is the same and you have the needed cables/adapters, you should be fine for 3 monitors.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
None of these combinations will work in Hybrid CF mode and none of them are "regular" CF or CFX mode capable (together) either.

The 5770 may actually support 3 monitors by itself, but you will lose the benefit of the pro card's (8700) app support..

BTW, the FirePro v8700 I am looking at supports 3 monitors (2-displayport and 1-DVI. Assuming yours is the same and you have the needed cables/adapters, you should be fine for 3 monitors.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.