Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can I use firepro v8700 card and integrated graphics together for the purpose of

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 25, 2011 3:51:30 PM

Hello,
I mainly do graphics work with Maya Photoshop and like software. My dilemma, unknown to me the 8700 only supports two monitors. I recently purchased a 3rd monitor a dell u2711. So now I am trying to figure out a way to get my 3 monitor setup to work without having to shell out a bunch of money for another graphics card for a monitor that I will mainly be using for extra space for panels and other non essential things. A friend at work suggested I use my motherboards on board GPU to power the 3rd monitor will this work and if so does anyone know of any caveats. I fear getting a performance hit with the 8700 it runs so well I’d hate to do anything to change that, but I really need this third monitor to work. Does anyone have any other ideas of a cost effective solutions which may fix my issue.
Here are the details of my system I believe needed.
Monitors> 1- Dell Ultrsharp U2711/ 2 - LG W2243T-PF
Motherboard> Asus M4A78T-E
Graphics card> ATI Firepro v8700
Operating System> Windows 7 64bit
PS. As a added note I have a Radeon 5770 sitting around collecting dust if that helps.

Best solution

a b C Monitor
February 25, 2011 4:13:23 PM

None of these combinations will work in Hybrid CF mode and none of them are "regular" CF or CFX mode capable (together) either.

The 5770 may actually support 3 monitors by itself, but you will lose the benefit of the pro card's (8700) app support..

BTW, the FirePro v8700 I am looking at supports 3 monitors (2-displayport and 1-DVI. Assuming yours is the same and you have the needed cables/adapters, you should be fine for 3 monitors.
February 25, 2011 4:36:59 PM

I thought the same thing when I got the card but no mater what I tried the third monitor remained deactivated in the catalyst display.
Score
Related resources
a b C Monitor
February 25, 2011 4:42:58 PM

You may just need an active displayport adapter vice the typical passive adapters bundled with GPUs.
Score
February 25, 2011 4:46:45 PM

I hope you might of solved my issue. Do I need to get two active displayport adapters.
Score
a b C Monitor
February 25, 2011 4:49:09 PM

1allan said:
I hope you might of solved my issue. Do I need to get two active displayport adapters.

Yes, just to keep things simple.
Score
March 4, 2011 6:11:12 PM

Best answer selected by 1allan.
Score
a b C Monitor
March 4, 2011 6:14:17 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!