Samsung 830 SSD: Reboot and select proper boot device

Mosinel

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Hi guys,

I received and installed my Samsung 830 64 GB SSD today. However, when I try to install windows 7 on it, I keep getting the following error: "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".
I already have a HDD with windows 7, but am planning to clean install 7 on the ssd. I've flashed my mobo (ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+) to the latest version and have set the controller for the SSD to AHCI in bios. I tried disconnecting my hdd and tried installing windows 7 but I got the same error. I'm not really sure what else I can try to get this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mosinel

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

Yes I am booting from a disc. Also, I'm able to boot into my W7 on my hdd perfectly fine.

I've already gone into the boot settings in bios and changed the windows disc to boot first and then the ssd. However, I still end up at the reboot and select prop boot device screen.

Mosinel

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

Yep. I disconnected my hdd and had only my optical drive and ssd connected and I still got this screen.

rampagingmoose

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

Set DVD drive to IDE mode and boot sequence to 1. DVD, 2. SSD.
If you have the SSD set to AHCI in the BIOS, make sure you have AHCI driver ready for installation before installing the OS.