GBA games region coded

Last response: in Video Games
May 12, 2004 3:25:00 AM

Are GBA games region coded like the old SNES ones?

Matt

More about : gba games region coded

May 12, 2004 3:25:01 AM

Matthew Leiter wrote:

> Are GBA games region coded like the old SNES ones?

Yes, in that they are not region coded, as SNES games used a different
cart size as the lockout. See my post in the gamecube group to your
almost identical query for more information.
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 3:36:30 AM

Matthew Leiter wrote:

> Are GBA games region coded like the old SNES ones?
>
> Matt

No, you can play any region games on any GB, be it GB original, colour,
or advance. GameBoys have never been regionised.
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 9:56:29 AM

On Tue, 11 May 2004 23:36:30 +0100, Vitani <inativ@tofsxft.moc> wrote:

>Matthew Leiter wrote:
>
>> Are GBA games region coded like the old SNES ones?
>>
>> Matt
>>

>No, you can play any region games on any GB, be it GB original, colour,
>or advance. GameBoys have never been regionised.

The only thing that you might have problems with is playing system
link games with different regional versions of a particular cartridge,
but there is nothing to stop you playing with two American cartridges
for example.

--
"I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off whatever it is."
Xbox live : neil hopkins