Asus p5ld2-vm

stealer0517

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
I was trying to download the audio driver (the driver might be messed up because it's vista 64 bit that I can download but I know that windows vista and windows 7 are pretty much identical) and I click on asus setup and it says "does not support tihis operating system : wnt-6.1h_64" even though I download the 64 bit (again could be that im running windows 7) but is there a fix while I wait for asus support to come back online again.

Solution
vista and 7 are 99% the same and drivers work across both the same for the exception of some custom hardware and some network drivers etc

DONT use compatibility mode just extract the driver package and manually update drivers from device manager or use the dpinst tool etc

most of the time however the generic/standard driver that comes with windows 7 works ("high definition audio device" etc) - perhaps stick with that? updated drivers only bring some new features and fixes etc - if they work leave them be.
vista and 7 are 99% the same and drivers work across both the same for the exception of some custom hardware and some network drivers etc

DONT use compatibility mode just extract the driver package and manually update drivers from device manager or use the dpinst tool etc

most of the time however the generic/standard driver that comes with windows 7 works ("high definition audio device" etc) - perhaps stick with that? updated drivers only bring some new features and fixes etc - if they work leave them be.

Solution

stealer0517

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Eh figured out the CPU although it says 3 ghz doesn't perform at 3 ghz with ht on like Sandy bridge so I tried my core 2 duo and it didn't work so now i put my *** in my old computer and i am in need of thermal paste (I've never heard my CPU fan before and this thing is HUGE and not to mention It's sound when maxed out)

stealer0517

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011

Eh gave up giving you the "best answer" because of your pic even if soon I am upgrading to amd :kaola: