[SOLVED]ASUS M5A99X EVO Boot LED

C4pt4in 0bvious

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
I need some help. I power on my computer and I get the ASUS BIOS screen and it sits there for 3-7 minutes. The Boot LED stays lit during this time. The computer will eventually start windows but runs slow as hell compared to before.

Here is everything I am running

AMD FX-6100 with Scythe cooling unit and 90mm OCZ fan on it plugged into CPU fan slot
Corsair Vengance DDR3 16GB 1600MHz RAM
Scythe Gorouki 3 700W PSU
Nvidian GTX 550 TI
1x 60GB SSD for Windows 7 64bit OS with Scythe Hard Drive fan attached
1x 2TB WD Cavier Green for backups and iTunes
2x 160GB 1 for Windows XP 32bit, 1 for family photos and videos

FANS-all controlled by Max Zero Controller
2x120mm -1 pulling in cool air in front, 1 pushing hot air out the back
1x90mm blowing air in the middle of the computer
1x80mm pulling air out above CPU

Here is everything I have tried that has not worked.
Reflashed BIOS with 1102 update from Mar
Removed CMOS battery for 30 seconds, moved CMOS pin re-installed battery
Removed all memory and put one into A2 slot

Any help will be appreciated like crazy.

sonexpc

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
How full is your SSD Drive ? do you try to use Boot Menu to try to boot from the XP 160GB ... better use Crystal Disk info to check all yoru HD.... looks like has so I/O Problem....http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html

C4pt4in 0bvious

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
My SSD has 9GB free. I have even tried to boot up XP and it is still running slower than before the situation below. I forgot to tell how this started.

I put the fan controller in yesterday and I put the tower back into the hole. When I turned it on I heard a noise that sounded like something was hitting the outter CPU fan and the rear fan. When I positioned it to have a look it got louder and then it stopped. When I looked the rear fan was stopped and the outter CPU fan was as well. the computer was still setting up the BIOS and I flipped the power switch on the power supply. Since then it has been doing the above. Prior to that it was running like a champ.

I have the chrystalmark downloaded. I will get it on my desktop in a moment and see what that can do.

C4pt4in 0bvious

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012

Not sure what I am looking for. It says the hard drives are Good. Am I supposed to be looking for something in particular?

A friend of mine was saying to check the power supply. So I got an Antec 650W. Plugged it into the mother board power slots and no Boot LED. Powered it down plugged it into the motherboard and video card...Boot LED. Powered it down. Plugged it into the SSD and mother board...Boot LED. Powered it down. Plugged it into the 160GB XP drive...Boot LED. Put everything back on the old power supply and still getting the boot LED.

I also input all 4x4GB RAM back into it as well and booted it back up to Windows 7. The initial boot is still taking a while but actually running 7 is quick again.

I am out of ideas and I am beat down. I am going to stop for the day because I am tired and don't want to screw up anything else. Please post as much on here as possible I will try it when I get home for work tomorrow.

C4pt4in 0bvious

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
I solved my own problem. Either my external hard drive or my USB splitter was causing it to pause while posting BIOS. Now that they are disconnected again the first screen is up for 3-5 seconds and starts running startup.

Could a mod put this as solved and best answer for this? Domo.

TRENDING THREADS