Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Mobile intel r 4 series express chipset family any good for gaming ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 25, 2011 9:02:13 PM

Ok so I got a relatively cheap laptop which came with mobile intel r 4 series express chipset family and I have just started getting into the whole pc gaming scene will I be able to play any of the following ( hopefully them all) Shogun 2, Starcraft 2 ( heard this one is a real gutsy game and requires top-notch hardware) and C&C Red alert 3 ! I have read that all of them require a 128MB nVidia GeForce 6600GB or better but would I manage to get away with using the built in one! Also I read somewhere that the mobile intel r 4 series express chipset family are built into the motherboards and so they can't be replaced for a better graphics card, Is this true or can I upgrade the hardware abit.
Please message back ASAP.
Dylan
February 25, 2011 9:29:16 PM

ehm it isn't on the site but thank you
Related resources
a c 1362 U Graphics card
a c 140 å Intel
February 25, 2011 9:36:17 PM

If I am correct then the graphics are called GMA 4500MHD (G45 chipset) on the list!
February 25, 2011 9:57:48 PM

Ok I found that and it would be terrible quality do you happen to know if it is infact built onto the motherboard or if it is replacable
a c 79 U Graphics card
a b å Intel
February 25, 2011 10:04:34 PM

it is soldered to the motherboard, u cant replace that gpu. most laptops dont come with upgradable gpus except certain brands like alienware and sager and other ones, cant remember but more than 90% of laptops dont come with upgradable graphics thats i can tell u. cheers
February 25, 2011 10:08:39 PM

ok thanks from what I have found the only thing letting down my system is the graphics card but to be honest I could get away away with it on Shogun 2 but starcraft 2 no and unfortunately C&C Red alert doesnt support a 64-bit version of vista :( 
!