Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Dell 8400 compatibility with radeon hd 4670 graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 25, 2011 10:08:11 PM

I have a Dell 8400 Pentium 4 3GHZ with the original ATI Radeon X300SE Graphics card.

Has anyone installed a radeon 4670 in this type of machine without any problems ?

Can a Radeon HD 4670 also be put in??
a b U Graphics card
February 25, 2011 10:19:11 PM

How much RAM do you have installed? If only 1GB like I read in the documentation then don't bother getting an HD4670.
m
0
l
a c 81 U Graphics card
February 25, 2011 10:27:34 PM

it says u have a 350 watt ps, which should be ample for a 4670, but for the price u cant say a 4670 isnt a good buy, so id recommand it unless u got more money to spend on a new ps and a better graphic card, but if u can only afford one, get the 4670 which is a low power usage card, and ull be happy for the price :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
February 25, 2011 11:13:43 PM

omnisome said:
How much RAM do you have installed? If only 1GB like I read in the documentation then don't bother getting an HD4670.




I've upgraded and now have 4GB
m
0
l
a c 81 U Graphics card
February 25, 2011 11:16:53 PM

excellent :) 
m
0
l
February 25, 2011 11:17:56 PM

iceclock said:
it says u have a 350 watt ps, which should be ample for a 4670, but for the price u cant say a 4670 isnt a good buy, so id recommand it unless u got more money to spend on a new ps and a better graphic card, but if u can only afford one, get the 4670 which is a low power usage card, and ull be happy for the price :) 



I've read that the Pentium 4 chip limits me on upgrading the graphics card and that anything more than the 4670 wouldn't see much of an improvement for the money.
m
0
l
a c 81 U Graphics card
February 25, 2011 11:32:20 PM

um no, the motherboard would determine what videocard u can use, and second

that graphic card the 4670 would nuke that slow and old 300se, u would see a difference beleive me

m
0
l
February 25, 2011 11:43:41 PM

iceclock said:
um no, the motherboard would determine what videocard u can use, and second

that graphic card the 4670 would nuke that slow and old 300se, u would see a difference beleive me


Thanks for the recommendation, that's what I think I'll go with.

I've never replaced a graphics card before. Is it as simple as just removing the card, inserting the new one and then loading in the new driver ?? (I'm assuming the new driver comes on a CD with the card purchase)

Will there be any other system settings that will have to made ??
m
0
l
a c 81 U Graphics card
February 25, 2011 11:46:15 PM

yes its really that easy, just take out the old one, make shur ur pc is unplugged when u do it and first put ur hand on the case or the powersupply to ground urself so no static hits ur new piece of hardware than remove old card, install new one than power it up and install new drivers and ur ready to game brotha :) 
m
0
l
February 25, 2011 11:51:38 PM

iceclock said:
yes its really that easy, just take out the old one, make shur ur pc is unplugged when u do it and first put ur hand on the case or the powersupply to ground urself so no static hits ur new piece of hardware than remove old card, install new one than power it up and install new drivers and ur ready to game brotha :) 



Thanks for all the help !!!
m
0
l
a c 81 U Graphics card
February 25, 2011 11:53:10 PM

no problemo dude :) 
m
0
l
!