Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Windows 8 doesnt support my motherboard drivers disc

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 15, 2012 8:09:33 AM

i installed windows 8 and tried to install the drivers disc of my motherboard on the desktop but it said unsupported by the operating system. will there be some kind of update that will make my motherboard work with windows 8?
a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
April 15, 2012 8:19:22 AM

? ask your motherboard manufacturer? no one else is gonna know.

In general windows 7 drivers work, so download them from their site and try. Windows 8 isnt even out yet do dont expect drivers. you should never ever use the driver disk that comes with a component anyway. that's a last resort. BUTwindows 8 is a BETA, you should not use it as your real OS and expect if to work.
Score
0
April 15, 2012 8:29:11 AM

unksol said:
? ask your motherboard manufacturer? no one else is gonna know.

In general windows 7 drivers work, so download them from their site and try. Windows 8 isnt even out yet do dont expect drivers. you should never ever use the driver disk that comes with a component anyway. that's a last resort. BUTwindows 8 is a BETA, you should not use it as your real OS and expect if to work.


i was just asking a question u moron lmao. i always use the stock drivers with all my computers and all the mobos ive had. ive had no issues. incase you dont know windows 8 beta IS OUT FOR TRYING and thats what i did. dont comment on here you seriously are a retard lmao
Score
0
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
April 15, 2012 9:03:14 AM

I answered your question. I am sure name calling is against the forum rules, not that I care. The fact remains you should never use the old drivers, and obviously if you insist on installing drivers from the the CD that are for a different OS, refuse to use current drivers, and the OS is telling you they are incompatible and you can't figure it out. well. lets just say Microsoft isn't going to make a special fix for your laziness
Score
0
April 15, 2012 10:51:29 AM

unksol said:
I answered your question. I am sure name calling is against the forum rules, not that I care. The fact remains you should never use the old drivers, and obviously if you insist on installing drivers from the the CD that are for a different OS, refuse to use current drivers, and the OS is telling you they are incompatible and you can't figure it out. well. lets just say Microsoft isn't going to make a special fix for your laziness


you dont know what ur talkin bout homes. u should use the drivers that came with ur mobo first and then if you have any problems then you update them. little do you know that people right now are testing windows 8 out on there computers. its been available for a while now. yes i know that must come as a big shock to you seeing how you think that noones motherboard works with windows 8 looooooooool... and you dont download windows 7 or 8 drivers to get your motherboard to work with a new OS lmao. you go to your mobos website so yeah i dont think you should be leaving any of your "tips" haha
Score
0
a c 462 V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
April 15, 2012 11:06:11 AM

to the op look on the cd it tell you the chipset vendor to get the drivers you need.
motherboaed chipset will be intel..amd or via and nvidia as the main one for the past few years.
if you can post the mb info we can help you more.
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
April 15, 2012 11:10:01 AM

diablo34life said:
you dont know what ur talkin bout homes. u should use the drivers that came with ur mobo first and then if you have any problems then you update them. little do you know that people right now are testing windows 8 out on there computers. its been available for a while now. yes i know that must come as a big shock to you seeing how you think that noones motherboard works with windows 8 looooooooool... and you dont download windows 7 or 8 drivers to get your motherboard to work with a new OS lmao. you go to your mobos website so yeah i dont think you should be leaving any of your "tips" haha


Are you referring to the windows 8 installed on my second harddrive that works just fine with my motherboard with no drivers needed? The question was not about anyone else's motherboard its about yours, and you shouldn't expect it to work. And whether or not you like it you should always update your drivers. The ones on the CD are outdated. They don't release new versions for fun they do it to improve them. The only reason to use OLD ones is if the new ones have a problem. Everyone who knows anything knows this. I see from your other posts you've never met anything.

Nothing is going to change to the fact you are trying to install incompatible drivers. Your options are to try the most recent windows 7 drivers or see if the manufacturer has beta windows 8 drivers. It is the motherboard manufacturers responsibility, not Microsoft and they will not "fix" windows 8 so you can use your precious CD with outdated drivers for a different OS. Your refusal to do this is hysterical since your own incorrect argument is "only update them if you have a problem" and you clearly have a problem.

In short, you are so wrong I and everyone else reading your posts is dieing laughing, and its only funny because you don't know what you're talking about with computers, but refuse help after you ask for it. Its your computer and I don't care if it works if you're to dumb to accept common sense
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
April 15, 2012 11:11:36 AM

smorizio said:
to the op look on the cd it tell you the chipset vendor to get the drivers you need.
motherboaed chipset will be intel..amd or via and nvidia as the main one for the past few years.
if you can post the mb info we can help you more.


LOL this is the whole point. He's refusing to download the drivers because he wants Microsoft to fix it do he can use old cruddy ones in an OS that didn't exist when they were written.
Score
0
April 15, 2012 11:12:12 AM

Windows 8 is beta. It's free to download and try it. Its bugged, and very picky, and from what unksol said, i do that almost every time with a fresh install download new drivers from the manufacturer's website. He was trying to help you unless your just trolling the forums looking for trouble. The Operating System itself has denied you, we denied you. No one can help you any further. *facepalm*
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
April 15, 2012 2:21:15 PM

giovanni86^ don't hurt your face like that, diablo trolls aren't worth it...
Score
0
a c 972 V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
April 15, 2012 2:32:28 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
0
a c 972 V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
April 15, 2012 2:33:05 PM

This topic has been reopen by Area51reopened
Score
0
a c 972 V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
April 15, 2012 2:33:42 PM

This thread is way off track.
Score
0
!