Sign in with
Your question

I have highspeed internet and my computer is slow.

Last response: in Motherboards
April 15, 2012 9:14:24 AM

:hello:  I have a AMD 3 core 64 bit cpu and a elite motherboard. 650watts power supplie - HP:2g ram - hard drive: WD 500g OS windows 7 ult. 32 bit. I dont run vary many programs but online like 26hrs a week. how can I improve the speed online.
New motherboard and ram?
:??:  I dont know. :??:  Can some one please give me some info on what i can do to make my computer faster?
grnbeanaz
a b V Motherboard
April 15, 2012 10:03:20 AM

Your online speed is mostly dictated by your ISP (internet provider). You should check their website to see if there is a faster package you can buy from them (most have a couple different speed tiers).

You could upgrade the RAM to 3 or 4GB (you can't go higher than 4GB with a 32bit version of Win7). I would suspect that going from 2GB to 4GB you would see a nice bump in system speed. But your "online" speed will likely not change with a RAM upgrade.
a c 89 V Motherboard
April 15, 2012 10:31:09 AM

You might also need to clean your computer of virus or other scumware.
Related resources
a c 431 V Motherboard
April 15, 2012 11:26:23 AM

if you have comcast cable check that you have the newest modem or one that dosci (sp) 3.0 without it your isp cand bond the cable modem channels. if your wireless check that you did not leave your router wide open and have leaches. also if you have older b/g wifi card or router it going to slow you down there. with 2g of ram you want to limit what loaded in start up to the right side of the windows task bar.all you should have at start up is your anti virus.
December 29, 2012 10:27:05 PM

grnbeanaz said:
:hello:  I have a AMD 3 core 64 bit cpu and a elite motherboard. 650watts power supplie - HP:2g ram - hard drive: WD 500g OS windows 7 ult. 32 bit. I dont run vary many programs but online like 26hrs a week. how can I improve the speed online.
New motherboard and ram?
:??:  I dont know. :??:  Can some one please give me some info on what i can do to make my computer faster?
grnbeanaz

I THINK MY WINDOWS7 SOFTWARE PROBLEM. 64 BIT, 1GB RAM, HP LABTOP. 40GB MOTHER BOARD.
!