Cannot enable Eyefinity with 6 monitors

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 26, 2011 1:15:35 AM

Hi all. I just bought 3 more monitors to bring my total to 6. I have been able to get Eyefinity on my Radeon 5870 to work with 3 monitors in a 3x1 and even 4 monitors in a 2x2 arrangement (I was waiting for the last 2 monitors to arrive). Now that I have all 6 I cannot get any arrangements to go into Eyefinity. BTW, my monitors are setup in a 3x2 arrangement. I can get all 6 monitors to run as extended desktops though.

Another problem though is I get BSOD's when I attempt to uninstall the drivers or just re-install them over the existing installation!

My monitors are 2 Acer H233H running via DVI, and 4 NEC EA231WMi on displayport.

My system is an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz cpu, 4 x 2 GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 RAM, running Windows 7 64-bit.

I am running Catalyst version 11.2

Help!!

More about : enable eyefinity monitors

February 26, 2011 1:49:55 AM

Is it the Eyefinity 6 edition of the 5870? Such as this one?

If not, you can not get 6-way Eyefinity.
m
l
Related resources
March 28, 2011 9:26:56 PM

Are you running "Active" or "Passive" DVI to Display Port Adapters to link the 2 Acer monitors ?

m
l
March 29, 2011 1:21:32 PM

Passive, but I know what you are thinking. These are well within the operating conditions for a 6 monitor Eyefinity setup.
m
l
a b C Monitor
March 29, 2011 2:23:29 PM

Major Sirius said:
I can get all 6 monitors to run as extended desktops though.
Well if you can get all of them to run at the same time, there isn't anything wrong with the physical setup, more like some sort of software/driver/user problem on the eyefinity part.
though that wasn't very helpfull as such... :na: 
m
l
March 29, 2011 2:39:32 PM

Exactly what I thought! The system sees and runs all 6 monitors. Running them in Eyefinity, or rather its failure to, is a glitch in the drivers. AMD's Eyefinity drivers have become progressively WORSE over time. I even received an email from AMD tech support that included the statement "Personally, I have found 11.1 and 11.2 to be nightmares."!! They really need to get their act together!
m
l
!