Where can I get more RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkarain

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
I have been looking for a while for a good website that I can download RAM (Random Access Memory for noobs) from, I have tried a few websites such as downloadmoreram but all of them seem to be either advertising a program which cleans up your system or the download links don't work at all!

I would really appreciate it if you could point me to any legitimate websites that I can use. 4GB or 8GB RAM would be best.

PS. Please do not post here if you do not know what you are talking about, although I appreciate any help, I do not want to have to search through lots of pointless posts.

Thanks,
~Arkarain

Solution
You cannot download RAM. RAM is a physical chip that you plug into your motherboard.

There are programs that help free up RAM. But, you seem to be clueless.

I am afraid that it is you who have not a whit of an idea of which you write, but as you are a Newbie I will ignore your rudeness.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
You cannot download RAM. RAM is a physical chip that you plug into your motherboard.

There are programs that help free up RAM. But, you seem to be clueless.

I am afraid that it is you who have not a whit of an idea of which you write, but as you are a Newbie I will ignore your rudeness.

Solution

arkarain

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Chesteracorgi, obviously you know nothing about computers, if you do not even understand what RAM is.

Random access memory (RAM) is a form of computer data storage. Today, it takes the form of integrated circuits that allow stored data to be accessed in any order with a worst case performance of constant time. Strictly speaking, modern types of DRAM are not random access, as data is read in bursts, although the name DRAM / RAM has stuck. However, many types of SRAM, ROM, OTP, and NOR flash are still random access even in a strict sense. RAM is often associated with volatile types of memory (such as DRAM memory modules), where its stored information is lost if the power is removed. Many other types of non-volatile memory are RAM as well, including most types of ROM and a type of flash memory called NOR-Flash. The first RAM modules to come into the market were created in 1951 and were sold until the late 1960s and early 1970s.

psaus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Well, looks like you can copy and paste from Wiki or alike...

Chesteracorgi is right. RAM is a physical chip, it's not something you can download from the internet.

You can buy RAM from an internet store and have it shipped to you. But we need more information about your system (motherboard) as well as what country you're in to help point you to those sources.

arkarain

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Bob seems to be the only person that is serious around here, I feel a bit frustrated that when I come to a forum for help all I get is people trying to trick me

psaus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

quit wasting everyone's time with what you think is a funny joke...

topper743

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
Is it me or are we seeing more and more of this type of contrarian and antagonistic posting? The post is presented in such a way as to lend the possibility that the OP is serious, so it is difficult to determine if this is in fact a genuine post. He knows about YouTube but presents a farcical post pretending ignorance about RAM? Even just the most cursory effort would enlighten those that come to the forum with an honest request for assistance. This post is really an affront to those that enjoy helping those that need some tech assistance.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished

I am sorry that with each post you magnify your willful ignorance. Please feel free to download all the RAM you want. Why stop with 8 GB, why not download 8 Exobytes?

Status
Not open for further replies.