Shutdown problem

old_hotdog_water

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
i built my desktop over the past summer and it works fine except that when i command it to shutdown it goes through all the processes and then cuts video feed but it never actually turns off the whole system. When i try to turn it back on after eventually flipping the switch or holding the power button it gives me BSODs or it tells me windows didn't shut down properly and i have to reset the system several times before it will work. I have taken to just leaving it on all the time which wouldnt be a problem if putting it to sleep didn't do the exact same thing. video feed stops but the fans don't slow down and i can't wake it up, i just have to restart several times.

here are my system specs

MSI 790FX-GD70 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8 GHz Processor
8 Gigs of Patriot Ram (4X2)
2 ATI Radeon 5770s in crossfire
750 watt power supply
1TB barracuda hard drive
Win7 64bit

thanks for any help you can give

old_hotdog_water

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
there are several errors about my drive "The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume \Device\HarddiskVolume2."

I am assuming this is happening when i restart and get BSODs but the computer works fine as long as i don't shut it down and even then it will work after a few restarts so i'm not sure if the drive is actually ruined or not