Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How do I flash my BIOS?

Last response: in Motherboards
April 15, 2012 6:20:01 PM

Hey everybody,
I ordered my custom pc. I also ordered a Gigabyte MB. Its a good mobo but ships with FB BIOS. This has known to cause infinate bootlooping :pt1cable: 
and that is one thing I DO NOT want.

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how to flash my BIOS? I read the thread about gigabyte MB and how to flash them. I found it kinda complex. If someone could give me a simple step by step guide on how to do it that would be totally awesome :) 

Here is my MB
http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4...

One more question...if I flash my BIOS. Do I have to go from FB to FC to FD or can i just install straight from FB to FD?

Thanks so much :wahoo: 

More about : flash bios

Best solution

a c 104 V Motherboard
April 15, 2012 8:05:12 PM

It's pretty simple now with q-flash you can update right in the bios -- just download the latest bios and unpack it in a folder on your root (C) drive, then restart and enter the bios, once in hit F8 (IIRC) and direct it to the new bios. Just be sure that there are no power interruptions during the bios flash.

Just flash to the final version you want -- no intermediate steps needed.
a c 156 V Motherboard
April 15, 2012 8:25:17 PM

That is it. Over the years, flashing the BIOS has gotten pretty simple.

The key phrase is, as Realbeast said, "Just be sure that there are no power interruptions during the bios flash. "

If you do not have a UPS, I recommend doing any BIOS flashing late, late at night. I figure the power grid will be a little more stable.
Score
Related resources
April 15, 2012 11:35:52 PM

RealBeast said:
It's pretty simple now with q-flash you can update right in the bios -- just download the latest bios and unpack it in a folder on your root (C) drive, then restart and enter the bios, once in hit F8 (IIRC) and direct it to the new bios. Just be sure that there are no power interruptions during the bios flash.

Just flash to the final version you want -- no intermediate steps needed.

Ok thanks:)  doesn't look that hard. Appreciate the help.
Score
April 15, 2012 11:36:18 PM

Best answer selected by Andystanley.
Score
a c 136 V Motherboard
April 16, 2012 8:17:31 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!