Cellerom M vs Centrino

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
May 10, 2005 2:00:55 AM

Is there any difference between the battery life of Centrino based laptops
and Celeron M laptops?

The laptops are cheaper with a Celeron M chip.

More about : cellerom centrino

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 10, 2005 3:40:09 PM

On Mon, 09 May 2005 22:00:55 GMT, "Dave" <dgmfield@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Is there any difference between the battery life of Centrino based laptops
>and Celeron M laptops?

The Celerom M is part of the Centrino chipset.

>The laptops are cheaper with a Celeron M chip.

That's because the Celerom M has half the amount of onboard cache and does
not have all the fancy power control the Pentium M does.

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 10, 2005 3:40:10 PM

Barry OGrady wrote:
> On Mon, 09 May 2005 22:00:55 GMT, "Dave" <dgmfield@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there any difference between the battery life of Centrino based
>> laptops and Celeron M laptops?
>
> The Celerom M is part of the Centrino chipset.
>
>> The laptops are cheaper with a Celeron M chip.
>
> That's because the Celerom M has half the amount of onboard cache and
> does not have all the fancy power control the Pentium M does.
>
> Barry
> =====
> Home page
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

From what I've seen, there are other cost-saving features like using
older screen tech with less resolution; smaller, slower HDs, etc. It
takes a lot of work to get the Celeron M laptops to the very low price
point.