Sign in with
Your question

Display Screen Blank

Last response: in Systems
May 3, 2011 6:07:06 AM

Hello Dear,

I have a Dell Laptop Inspiron 6400 approx 5 to 6 years old. I had RAM and Hard disk upgraded last year with the good quality product.

Laptop was running perfectly since Saturday night. I clicked on “Install update and shutdown” on that day. When I tried to turned-on on Sunday Evening it shows only blue screen!! The process was on and I can hear the background music of processing and loading the programs.

I tried to reboot by pressing F8 and turned it on in safe mode but it remains on for a short time. I tried to perform system restore to several days back and was successful but then after a short time the screen goes to blank black from blue. I tried to remove the battery and cut off power and then again turn on with power cable but no improvement. I can hear the music and I can see the screen is also light up but it remains blank i.e. light black.

When It was turn on I tried to update the anti virus software but it was too slow and not completed. i.e. screen goes to black before completion I have to press power button to turn off computer.

I have window 7 premium.

I can not see login screen or any icon on the home screen.

Is there a problem with software or hardware? Video card or RAM? Or any registry or update or virus problem?

I want to turn it on. I am desperately looking for some help to resolve the issue. Please suggest me some way to repair my hubby as I love this laptop very much.

Thank you very much in advance.

Nisarg

More about : display screen blank

a c 104 B Homebuilt system
May 3, 2011 6:44:24 AM

Welcome
It looks like it is a hardware issue it can be as simple as your monitor cable is failing where it runs inside the hinge. Try moving the monitor and see if it changes anything.
m
l
May 3, 2011 9:19:14 AM

rolli59 said:
Welcome
It looks like it is a hardware issue it can be as simple as your monitor cable is failing where it runs inside the hinge. Try moving the monitor and see if it changes anything.

Thanks Rolli,

Thanks for your reply but I am talking about my Laptop. This issue is in my laptop.

Could you please assist me with the solution?

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
a c 104 B Homebuilt system
May 3, 2011 9:22:00 AM

I am talking about the monitor cable in the laptop it is run through the hinge on one side of your laptop hidden out of the way. Try opening and closing the screen and see if it changes anything.
m
l
May 13, 2011 5:31:01 AM

Hi Guys,

I get it fixed. it is a small button under a decorated frame of power button. I open it up and press the smakll button ten times to lose it and not the laptop is working normally.

Thanks
m
l
!