What is PCIe x1 Gen 2.x?

PCI-Ex1 is a single lane PCI-E slot, i.e. one of the really short stubby ones, you can also get x4 x8 x16 although most of these will tend to be full size, just electrically partly active. 2nd gen is the 2nd generation of PCI-E, it has double the bandwidth over 1st Gen and supplier twice the power, it is backward compatible with 1st gen.

if it only has those slots you could put a video card in there but it would be severely constrained.

Looking at the link it also has 1 x16 slot, thats where you put the card, there are very few devices specifically for x1/2/4.

Godiwa

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
is there a specific reason for wanting that board? if I were you then I would go for one with usb-3 on, it is really nice to have.

there is a x16 slot for your graphics card so you are fine there, but only 1, the x1 slots are for stuff like soundcards, tv tuners, usb3 controllers etc. etc.

so if you want more then 1 graphics card, look for one with 2 16x slots (will usually be 8x electrically if you use both of them which is fast enough) for most people, 1 gfx card is plenty.