Asrock Extreme3 Gen3 screws not lining up with haf 912.

jackstack10

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Hi, i bought an asrock extreme3 gen3 mobo and haf 912 case and the screws are about an inch off when the mobo lines up with the IO ports. I have seen that they are compatible from other members. can someone please help me? I need to get this done tonight. Please respond with some help or point me to a page that can help me!

If you are trying to line up the PCI expansion slots with the motherboard PCI slots it will be off.
There is an extra PCI expansion slot at the bottom of the case for a double slot video card.
Place the motherboard rear I/O plate into the space in the case. Install the brass motherboard stand offs supplied in the cardboard box inside the case. these are important. Only install the ones that line up with the motherboard holes
Carefully place motherboard in case. Making sure all the little grounding spring line up and not in the USB ports etc..
The motherboard will be slightly of because of the springs.
Place the first screw in the bottom hole of motherboard.Do not tighten it all of the way yet.
Now gently push the motherboard toward the rear of the case to align the top holes and install the top screws. Do not tighten all of the way yet.
Install the rest of the screws. when all of hte screws are in , the tighten them all down snug but not too tight.

jackstack10

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

I shouldve been more specific, i have the cpu installed and am trying to mount it to the case. I have put the brass spacers in the nine slots but when i line up the board with the I/O the spacers dont line up with the holes for the spacers, so i cant mount it. It is way off. I need some help mounting it to the side of the case. plz help.

Looking at the pictures of your board you should only have 6 or 7 brass stand offs installed.
3 or 4 along the rear of the board where the USB, audio ports etc are located.
the next three are top and bottom just left of the memory slots and one just below and left of the DE-Bug led.
The two holes in the board,top right and botom right do not get screws. They do not have the solder ring arround them.
Edit:typos

jackstack10

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

just great. i screwed in 5 screws and realized there were two openings so i tried to unscrew it but guess what?!! the screw closest to the ports and in the middle is STUCK. First, I spend five hours on the internet trying to find what's wrong with the motherboard, which there isn't. then i cant take the F***er out. Any suggestions? I can't lift the motherboard because it will snap its closest to the middle in the back panel. god damn it. the case is fine, just i cant unscrew ***. Help!!?

It sounds like you used the wrong screws. The motherboard standoffs take the smaller screws,not the larger case screws with the lock washer built on it.
If you used the ones with the hex heads they are the wrong ones. Use a nut driver or socket to remove the last one.
It helps a lot if you read the manual before attempting to do something you have never done before.

jackstack10

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
R

I think i screwed them in too tight. they were the smallest ones in the case bag. whats a sosocket driver?