Raven 2 evolution or fortress 2??

phenom90

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
after looking at both review... the design may seem odd... but actually it function really well.. ecspecially in cooling department... most of the reviews stated that fortress 2 fares better in cooling performance compared to raven 2... but that was when fortress 2 is equipped with ap181 fans... while raven 2 not.. but raven 2 evolution does come with same ap181 fans as fortress 2.. so i think cooling performance will be equal for both... or fortress 2 still cool better?

i have the rv02 and a haf x--the haf was the dearer case but the rv02 cools just as well--and being able to plug stuff in at the top of the case works wonders for me

i would think either of the two silverstone cases would cool to a level you will be happy with and not too loud either--which do you prefer looks wise as that may be the only difference really

Uther39

Distinguished
ONE SIMPLE ANSWER !

IMAG0094.jpg

Jay_83

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Man, go with either, you CANNOT miss. So decide based on price and looks.
Personally, I own a silver fortress and I can't think of a better looking case, but tastes differ.
Keep in mind that they cool very well on air, but due to their layout installing a water cooling loop may be troublesome. I'm currently water cooling 2 GPUs and the CPU, but this required some minor modding- the HDD bay needs to go if you want some decent rad space. The SSD fits easily on the back of the mobo tray, the HDD... Well, I'm sure it's less than happy with the undignified position it's in now.
All in all, they're both good for air and require some fiddling for liquid.

po1.jpg

DSCF0737.jpg

DSCF0742.jpg

phenom90

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
thks everyone.... yours opinion really does help me in deciding which case will be my next one... i would like to see anyone who owns raven rv02 evo posts their rig like uther39 and jay_83... anyone??

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I'm really feeling that Silverstone. if I didn't already have a case I might be declined to run out and get that. I considered the Raven 2 RV02-EW and I still might do a build with one later on down the road.