BIOS password

Status
Not open for further replies.

All:

I have an Omnibook XE3 that my kid put a BIOS password on. Anybody know have
to fix?

TIA...

-Mike

BigJim

your best bet is to ask the kid bios passwords are a tough nut to crack.
I am not sure if HP has a master.

"BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> your best bet is to ask the kid bios passwords are a tough nut to crack.
> I am not sure if HP has a master.
> "News" <jmcuciti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > All:
> >
> > I have an Omnibook XE3 that my kid put a BIOS password on. Anybody know
> > have
> > to fix?

In a desktop type motherboard, one can pull the mb battery and clear the
cmos.
That usually clears the bios password. Don't know if same thing will work
on laptops.

charles......

It will not work on the vast majority of laptops (in fact, I'd almost go
so far as to say it won't work on any laptops made in the past 8 years).

***** charles wrote:

> "BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>your best bet is to ask the kid bios passwords are a tough nut to crack.
>>I am not sure if HP has a master.
>>"News" <jmcuciti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>All:
>>>
>>>I have an Omnibook XE3 that my kid put a BIOS password on. Anybody know
>>>have
>>>to fix?
>

> In a desktop type motherboard, one can pull the mb battery and clear the
> cmos.
> That usually clears the bios password. Don't know if same thing will work
> on laptops.
>
> charles......

Pulling the CMOS battery AND the system battery works for me.

Airman QPD wrote:
> Pulling the CMOS battery AND the system battery works for me.

Power on password, possibly. BIOS password, not a chance.

Regards,

James

Status
Not open for further replies.