What will give better RAM performance?

Hello,
I just bought 2 sets of the Ares G. Skill 2x8GB dual channel RAM so thats 32GB of Ram total. I recently just got a great deal on the Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB quad channel RAM 16 GB total.

I currently have the ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Mobo

Which setup will i get the better RAM performance? 4x8GB of dual channel from Ares G. Skill or 4x4GB of quad channel from Corsair Vengeance?

Thanks in Advance
5 answers Last reply
More about what give performance
  1. 16gb Quad channel. You won't even need 32gbs of ram unless your super rich or you are an extremem video editor or engineer something like that.
  2. Wu23 said:
    Hello,
    I just bought 2 sets of the Ares G. Skill 2x8GB dual channel RAM so thats 32GB of Ram total. I recently just got a great deal on the Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB quad channel RAM 16 GB total.

I currently have the ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Mobo

Which setup will i get the better RAM performance? 4x8GB of dual channel from Ares G. Skill or 4x4GB of quad channel from Corsair Vengeance?

Thanks in Advance

Well, can u post links to the RAM?

Make sure that u got the right voltage.

It is bad idea to mix RAM, even if it mostly works.
  3. Use the 16GB and be done.

The performance is not noticeable in the real world.

Only bench-marking apps will pick up some difference.
  4. Thanks for the quick feedback guys, i appreciate it. I'm actually in the process of building my pc.
    I will use it mainly for movies, streaming videos and gaming "Diablo III".

G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2x8GB): i bought 2 sets during the newegg shocker special. $160 total
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231558

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 15% off promo from newegg plus $20 off over $100 purchase: $81
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233247

would it be a good idea to use both the Corsair Vengeance and the Ares G. Skill all together?

Thanks again
  5. They are different voltage sticks, but use the Corsair.

That is what I would do.

And if u need more RAM, get more of the same.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus G.SKILL RAM Dual Channel Performance Motherboards Product