ATI Radeon 4850 in pentium 4

Nov 10, 2010
Alright, so I am currently running an MSI ATI Radeon 4850 with a Pentium 4 3.00 GHZ with HT. I can play just cause 2 all maxed out but some other games aren't as impressive like battlefield bad company 2, and even Mass Effect 2 at times. I never get over 20 with this card even with all the settings on low. Im guessing this is because my CPU is botlenecking the crap out of the card and a game like battlefield is very CPU dependant. Is this right or is there something else I might be missing? Also what kind of processor would be a good combo with this Graphics card?

Solution
Face palm a p4 is just to weak for most semi modern cards and is too weak even for a 4 year old card much less a 4850. Get your self a cheap dual core 2 duo or dual core pentium D (65 or 45nm series based on core 2) and overclock it. Be sure to have at least 2gb of ram but 4gb is the sweet spot but it won't be in a year or two.
Face palm a p4 is just to weak for most semi modern cards and is too weak even for a 4 year old card much less a 4850. Get your self a cheap dual core 2 duo or dual core pentium D (65 or 45nm series based on core 2) and overclock it. Be sure to have at least 2gb of ram but 4gb is the sweet spot but it won't be in a year or two.

Solution