Sign in with
Your question

Selling a Gaming PC for $460

Last response: in Systems
May 3, 2011 8:11:38 PM

I am selling a mid range pc that can be used for gaming, or can be hooked up to your television to view movies and more on your flat screen

It is equipped with an Intel Core i3 Dual Core Processor w/ Hyper Threading, NVIDIA GTS 450 graphics from EVGA w/1GB of GDDR5, 4GB of low latency DDR3 RAM , the motherboard features USB 3, as well as SATA 3 6GB/s s, DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe, 430W Antec Earthwatts power supply , all inside of a small case

PC is only 1 Week old, I Just Built It

please pm me any offers or questions

Will Accept Paypal, Shipping is Covered

Specs:
Intel Core i3 2100 3.1 Ghz
4GB CL7 GSkill Ripjaws DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1GB GDDR5
AsRock H61M U3S3
500GB Seagate HardDrive
DVD Burner w/Lightscribe
Antec 430w PSU
Coolermaster Elite 431
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

More about : selling gaming 460

May 3, 2011 8:24:58 PM

This isn't exactly the place to attempt to sell such. But a word of advise it would be best to try to sell it locally on Craigslist or through Ebay. No one is going to blindly send you money on Paypal without some form security. You also fail to even mention shipping prices unless you plan on covering that cost.

Also I have a gut feeling that for the price given that you are also likely using a pirated version of Windows.
m
l
May 3, 2011 8:27:11 PM

fyi i got the copy of windows from microsoft through a student offer, it is also on ebay where i have 100% feedback (ebay item #:110681645128)
m
l
Related resources
May 4, 2011 5:56:59 AM

dan4patriots said:
fyi i got the copy of windows from microsoft through a student offer, it is also on ebay where i have 100% feedback (ebay item #:110681645128)

I advise you then make sure to mention that it is indeed a genuine copy. The price you are selling it with it being a custom built raises a red flag.
Of course seeing that you have taken the product down after this little chat of ours raises a red flag as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p...

Even worse is that you are dishonest with the description itself.

From Ebay
Quote:
I am Selling a high end pc

On Here
Quote:
I am selling a mid range pc

You obviously knew you wouldn't be able to hype it up as much on here. Of course I would even argue that it doesn't even qualify as a mid gaming rig.
Another note is the lack of details you previously had such as shipping which you edited in after I mentioned such and oddly you didn't just simply link to the ebay page.
The case does not seem to exist.
Quote:
Coolermaster Elite 431
I know of the 430 but not the 431 perhaps this was a typo but certainly looks less credible.

Then finally lets visit the suspicious price.

Intel Core i3 2100 3.1 Ghz $125
4GB CL7 GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 $45
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1GB GDDR5 $115
AsRock H61M U3S3 $80
500GB Seagate HardDrive $40
DVD Burner w/Lightscribe $15
Antec 430w $35
Coolermaster Elite 430 $50
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit $??? I don't know just how much your supposed student offer saved you so lets just say you paid $25

So around a $530 total cost to you, and about a $605 worth if you put the full price of the OS. Plus you are going to cover shipping costs
and no doubt be forced to insure something of that value as well. Yet according to your original unedited post you are willing to part with it for $440
(also backed up by ebay listing). Sorry I just don't trust and its bad enough to have to say something. If I were to make this purchase I would assume I would either
A: get a false package (not actually the computer being shipped) B: Get baited and switched (Lesser hardware than advertised and likely a pirated OS) or
C: Nothing at all.

m
l
May 4, 2011 6:15:29 AM

It is a typo, elite 341 not 431- just got the numbers mixed since I don't have the box anymore (spare case)

I didn't take it down, time expired

eBay didn't let me edit since it was too late

I thought it was obvious shipping was included Since I didnt say additional shipping charge

The price isn't suspicious because I had the case already and DVD plus i get rebate for gpu, I didn't download windows from torrent or pirate but got from MS Digital River

Why would I send false package, I wouldn't do that when that happened to me before, you would get what you paid for and I like to remind you I have 100% eBay feedback
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
May 4, 2011 3:04:59 PM

That's a great price, someone should snap that up quick but you would make more money if you sold it locally and didn't have to ship it.

Besides computers easily get damaged in shipping, trust me, I use to do it for a living.

On craigslist you could probably sell that really fast, problem is with Craigslist is sometimes people don't show up.

It's worth about $570, Newegg prices after rebates.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
May 4, 2011 4:16:12 PM

I'd like to add that he has no negative ebay feedback, so I'm not sure why your bashing him.

Although I would like to know why he's selling it after a week. Did you not like it, or did you build it specifically to sell?
m
l
May 4, 2011 9:40:30 PM

geekapproved said:
I'd like to add that he has no negative ebay feedback, so I'm not sure why your bashing him.

Although I would like to know why he's selling it after a week. Did you not like it, or did you build it specifically to sell?

It's not uncommon for scammers to gain a little rep on Ebay and then start their real agenda it makes them appear credible and trusted.
I'm not saying he is a scammer its just the simple fact that the whole thing appears to be suspicious. He is taking a loss on a week old rig
which can easily be formatted and sold for the same price as new. The fact that its all pre-assembled also boosts its worth.

Quote:
The price isn't suspicious because I had the case already and DVD plus i get rebate for gpu, I didn't download windows from torrent or pirate but got from MS Digital River

Despite you pre-owning some parts its only fair to still factor them as worth to the rig, you did after all purchase them at some point in time. Certainly the rebate on the GPU wasn't very much being a low end card to begin with.

Quote:
I didn't take it down, time expired

Perhaps, but there doesn't seem to be a way to verify that as the truth. Odd though that you didn't get a single bid at $440.00.
If you can show pics of the PC (including inside) and a CPU-Z validation this would make you much more trust-able. I would not doubt
you finding a buyer if you did this as someone can easily pull a $80-100 profit by simply re-selling it locally. Of course this is exactly
the reason why people should be cautious as well as it tends to sound too good to be true. So prove that the PC exists with said hardware with actual
pics and CPU-Z.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
May 5, 2011 2:03:53 PM

I don't think your aware that Paypal will refund your money if you don't receive the item you paid for.

You can't scam Paypal dude.
m
l
May 5, 2011 5:38:28 PM

i dont need to be explaining myself to you anyway if you are not interested, you want pics fine- i will take them, cpu-z fine then

the other guy is right, they investigate and if they find that it is true they take that money you got and refund it to the other guy
m
l
!