Sign in with
Your question

Memory for ASUS P8Z77-V PRO

Last response: in Motherboards
April 16, 2012 3:32:30 PM

I purchased an ASUS P8Z77-V PRO and I'll be purchasing an Ivy Bridge CPU as soon a they are released. The only other thing I haven't bought is the memory.

ASUS just recently put up their Memory Qualified Vendors List for this motherboard here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z7...

I'd like some recommendation for good memory to order for this motherboard from that list.

I have an EVGA GTX 680 reference design card and a Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler. I first need to know if these will get in the way of using any of the larger memory. I have a full tower case so I have tons of space.

Also, is it true that if I overclock memory that it voids the processor warrantee? How fast can I go with in Ivy Bridge 3570k without voiding the warrantee?

I might overclock eventually. Should I buy faster memory now and run it at slower speeds initially and then crank it up later? Or should I buy memory that will run at stock speeds and then replace it in the future if i want to OC?

I haven't overclocked before, so I'm not 100% clear on the relationship between OCing the processor and OCing memory. I will likely OC the processor, but not sure about memory.

Thanks.

More about : memory asus p8z77 pro

a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 347 } Memory
a c 717 V Motherboard
April 16, 2012 4:40:18 PM

Well with the IB ideally is DDR3-1600, but RAM is a combination of both Frequency and CAS Timings. In Gaming ideally at least 8GB and a supporting 64-bit OS. OC'ing the CPU isn't 'harmed' nor held back by DDR3-1600.

Kit's I'd consider and in keeping with the 'Blue' theme (the Dominator's are outstanding for OC's) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...
m
l
April 16, 2012 5:05:03 PM

I have a similar, but not exactly the same, board from ASUS as well as the hyper 212. The size of the case doesn't matter, the distance between the RAM slots and the CPU matter. I use Corsair Vengeance Low Profile and they will barely fit under the fins of the 212 if I use slots 1 and 3. Slots 2 and 4 have clearance but not much (slot two is awfully close to the fins of the 212).
m
l
Related resources
April 17, 2012 12:41:34 AM

My main question about the G.SKILL Ripjaws I mentioned above is will it fit under my Hyper 212 EVO?
m
l
!