Good, Cheap CPU Coolers?

LLoydizle

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Hey there everybody :)

I wanna get a new CPU cooler cause the one I have at the moment don't seem to be doing it. On prime 95 it hits between 58 and 61 (61 on a hot day). My current CPU is not overclocked and I want to but I do want a good CPU cooler but the high end coolers are just too darn expensive. I don't really wanna use water cooling so would like to stick to normal air cooling.

I wanna overclock my CPU to at least 4ghz but I just cannot find any good and cheap coolers to do the job. I cannot afford expensive coolers cause I don't have the money so my price range will be up to £30 but if there are good coolers cheaper than £30 that would be great!

Which leads to a question, Can any one please recommend me some good coolers for me to purchase that is cheap and reliable?

My specs are:
MOBO: Gigabyte GA P67A-Ud4-B3 (F4 Bios), 1155 socket
CPU: Intel core i5 2500k @ 3.3 ghz
Current CPU Cooler: ASUS Silent Knight II
PSU: Corsair TX 750
CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Mid Size case.

I'm guessing only specs for my CPU, MOBO, Cooler, Case and PSU will only be required for this but if you need any more information let me know and I'l add it in :)

Early thank you to everyone for the help :)

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

The Mugen 2 would win in terms of performance, but it would most likely be a close match. The thing that you should keep in mind is that the Hyper 212+ is cheaper and comes with a better mounting system. The Mugen 2 is targeted toward another audience at their price range. For the budget-oriented consumers, the Hyper 212+ is the likely choice.