2500$ Gaming rig ? (Best possible choices)

exposed

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
Hey guys i was wondering , What is the BEST possible gaming rig i can build for 2500$ Please list out the best Cpu / GPU / Ram / Mobo / ETC

bruce555

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
I'd agree but with most mobo/cpu combo's you can get the 2600k added in for only 70 more. For me makes it so hard not to just go for the threaded processor even though you won't use the threads.

The Intel® Core™ I7 2600K has really only 2 advantages over the Intel Core I5 2500K. The advantages are that it runs 100MHz faster and it has hyper-threading giving it support for a total of 8 threads. Now since very few games will take advantage of more than 3 threads to begin with the 4 extra threads have little value in a gaming environment unless you are doing a lot of heavy multi-tasking. If you are adding video/audio or some other heavy multi-tasking work the Intel Core I7 2600K becomes the better choice. Now there is around $90 price difference between these processors on Newegg.com; so ask yourself is there someplace else that the money would be better spent? SSDs will lower boot times and access times of any program on them. So if you are talking FPS in a game do they make a difference? not really. If you are talking how fast the computer comes up and loads the game you want to play do they make a difference? Yes they do.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

TRENDING THREADS