perryra1968

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Does it make sense to upgrade to a GTX 580 from an AMD 6870? Will I see a difference? I do not want to CF. I like the single GPU setup. Any advise would be useful and thanks.

Solution
Personally, your graphics card is still rather new out and is still pretty decently performing. I'd wait til something much better comes out if you want to blow some money on a new graphics card. The 580'll perform just slightly better than your current card and would thus not be worthwhile.

drinkingcola86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
Well thats all dependent on what games you play now and what your looking at playing with a gtx 580 and you also have to look at if your power supply can handle it.

If it was me, i wouldn't since there are going to be new cards coming out roughly within a year.

nismo9132

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Personally, your graphics card is still rather new out and is still pretty decently performing. I'd wait til something much better comes out if you want to blow some money on a new graphics card. The 580'll perform just slightly better than your current card and would thus not be worthwhile.

Solution