Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
Sorry if thread is in the wrong place I could not see a section for it.

Anyway at peak times my internet connections ping is too high. Only happens between 7 - 12 afternoon. My current ISP has LLU in the exchange. After a few calls to them I was told this is fine as long as my connection works in the morning :??: . When I replied that I would use another ISP I was told that the issue would remain the same, is this the case?

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Ask them to explain why you have that problem during those hours. If they can't give you a good answer, I'd switch just for lack of customer service. I have no idea if it's actually the case for you or not.

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
Is it the type of equipment that causes this? I'd assume that cheap equipment would cause high pings and good equipment wouldn't. Is there a way to know if other ISPs use a different infrastructure?

thehelo

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2007
I think the problem here is that the other available ISPs use Local Loop unbundling to provide IP services over the same last mile infastructure.

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
Ah right, I don't know much about this as I've never looked into it until its starting to affect me. Before I used to get slower speeds at peak times and nice pings but my ISP put their own equipment in my exchange this year and now I get good speeds but bad ping at peak times.