Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard for multiple DVD writers

Last response: in Motherboards
April 17, 2012 2:12:50 PM

Hi guys

Looking to build my own DVD duplicator. Could someone please point me to a motherboard that can cope with at least 5 DVD Writers? I have been looking around, but cannot find info on what motherboards can do this.

Thanks
Martin
a c 217 V Motherboard
April 17, 2012 2:37:39 PM

Any motherbaord with enough SATA ports and processing power should work.
April 17, 2012 2:41:48 PM

Thanks for your reply GhislainG. Much appreciated. If I wanted to connect 5 DVD writers to the motherboard, do I need 5 Sata ports available? Or can I have say 2 Sata ports available and connect all 5 into them using adapters?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
April 17, 2012 2:45:51 PM

Do they even make adapters to hook multiple peripherals to one SATA port?

I would stick with five SATA ports. Lots of motherboards have at least that many ports.
a c 217 V Motherboard
April 17, 2012 2:57:39 PM

bigmaz said:
Thanks for your reply GhislainG. Much appreciated. If I wanted to connect 5 DVD writers to the motherboard, do I need 5 Sata ports available? Or can I have say 2 Sata ports available and connect all 5 into them using adapters?

I agree with jsrudd. A SATA port multiplier may work, but you'll have to thoroughly test it.
April 17, 2012 3:03:46 PM

Great, thanks for your help guys. Trying to see what the cheapest option is for a DVD duplicator. Either making it a computer, or using a duplicator controller. Anyone know of good UK prices for a controller from at least 1 to 4 DVD writers?
!