Sign in with
Your question

Installing Radeon HD5570

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 27, 2011 10:51:16 AM

Hello,
I hope someone can give me some insight? I tried to install a 5570 in my machine that was running an NVidia 7300LE, but the PC fails to boot. Any ideas please guys and gals?
February 27, 2011 11:04:15 AM

Having just read someone else's post about what info I should give...I have a dual core pentium (2x 2.8Ghz), I think the motherboard is an Asustek Leucite3 (the machine is a fairly stock HP Pavilion a1620. It has 3GB RAM and a StealthXStream 500W PSU with 2 +12V rails (18A on each).
I know very little about PC's, my son bought me the card (HD5570) for Xmas and when I plug it in after removing the 7300LE, the fan on the GPU works but the PC fails to boot. Hope someone will have some idea
Many thanks in advance
February 27, 2011 11:08:49 AM

eap160877rip said:
Having just read someone else's post about what info I should give...I have a dual core pentium (2x 2.8Ghz), I think the motherboard is an Asustek Leucite3 (the machine is a fairly stock HP Pavilion a1620. It has 3GB RAM and a StealthXStream 500W PSU with 2 +12V rails (18A on each).
I know very little about PC's, my son bought me the card (HD5570) for Xmas and when I plug it in after removing the 7300LE, the fan on the GPU works but the PC fails to boot. Hope someone will have some idea
Many thanks in advance

When you say it does not boot. Does anything come up on the screen/ monitor? or is it just black?
Related resources
February 27, 2011 11:14:36 AM

thanks for your reply, the screen is just black, the PC turns on, but the little orange light on the front usually flickers when it is reading the hard drive. This light does not come on, neither can I hear the HD engage...
February 27, 2011 11:19:13 AM

also I am using HDMI cable from the GPU to a TV, HDMI channel on the TV says 'No signal in'.
Previously with the 7300LE, I was using VGA cable to the same TV and had no problem. With the the TV on the VGA channel.
February 27, 2011 11:29:13 AM

hmm.. Have you tried using a VGA or DVI cable instead of the HDMI cable with the 5570?
February 27, 2011 11:36:09 AM

there is no VGA port on the 5570, if I use a DVI..where do I send it to on the TV, to the AVG or HDMI connection? There is no DVI connection on the back of the TV. I obviously haven't tried this yet. I would have to run out and purchase a DVI cable.
February 27, 2011 11:48:48 AM

I'm not really sure what it can be, its really strange that with the HDD.. It seems like there is something with the motherboard or powercables

Have you checked if the Hard disc gets is connected, with a cable from your Power supply?

was there no converter that converts a DVI to a VGA in the box with the graphicscard? there normaly comes one with the grahpiscard
February 27, 2011 12:03:13 PM

If I put the 7300LE graphics card back in (which is what I'm doing now) the machine runs perfectly fine. I'm currently using the machine in question. So I presume the HD and its connections are ok. There was no converter in the box with the HD5570, but since you suggested it I have had a quick hunt on the web and now realise I would have to buy a DVI cable and VGA adapter. Just out of interest, is there a particular reason you suggested the cable. i.e. why would the HDMI connection not work? (showing my ignorance here I know!)
I've read some reviews on the HD5570 GPU that say it requires 24A on the +12V rails, and another that said less than that and then yet another that just said it the system would just require 32A total on all the +12V rails. As my knowledge is limited, its confusing. But can I presume the power supply I have should be ok?
Thanks for your time
February 27, 2011 1:18:16 PM

There is no problem with the power. your power supply could handle much more then a 5570 :) .

I'm not sure what the problem can be, The HDMI should be usable with out any driver, maybe something its a defect card or something with the connector :/ 
February 27, 2011 1:38:14 PM

Thanks again for your time and advice. I am going to check the card in a friends very high spec gaming pc in that case. If it is not the card..based on your advice, I could presume it is going to be either the connector or the Motherboard..I can check the HDMI connector easily enough as it is brand new, but I can plug it into something else I know works already. Hopefully that will just leave a MB problem...?!?
Thanks for putting my mind at ease about the PSU.
February 27, 2011 3:26:22 PM

No problem man, Yeah try connecting it to another computer, that would be the easiest, hopefully it works good luck man :) 
!