Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Does anyone run 2 Radeon HD 4770's in crossfire for gaming currently?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 27, 2011 11:28:41 AM

Just curious as if anyone on here is currently running 2 Radeon HD 4770's in crossfire for gaming? And are you happy/satisfied with that setup? I have an XFX Radeon HD 4770 and am thinking about adding another one? Thanks for any responses.
February 27, 2011 3:29:15 PM

Back when the 4770 was brand new it was praised for it's crossfire performance so if you can find a relatively cheap card it would probably be a decent upgrade if you're not willing/able to upgrade within a reasonable timeframe.

Just make sure your psu can handle an extra card and that your cpu isn't going to bottleneck you.
m
l

Best solution

a c 130 U Graphics card
February 27, 2011 5:49:49 PM

Well i don't know where in the world you are but im in the UK and a 6850 can be had for about £120, possibly cheaper i just took a quick look on Ebuyer and that was the first price that came up.
A 6850 will run games at about the same level as two 4770's , you wont have to worry about driver profiles for games which you have a good chance of not properly supporting the card anymore anyway.
Personally i would buy a card like teh 6850 or even a little better if you can afford it then either keep the 4770 as a spare or sell it to offset the cost.
End result would be a single card that will perform about teh same as dual 4770's no Crossfire issues and if you sell the 4770 on then its cost about the same as the second 4770.
Also you then have a card thats worth selling on again in a year or so to of set another upgrade and not 2 obsolete cards that are worth little.
Win Win as i see it

Mactronix :) 
February 27, 2011 6:30:02 PM

Best answer selected by Th_Redman.
m
l
Related resources
!