Best inexpensive build??? Yipee!!

hotdev

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
thanks to tom's forum!!! A begginer like me finally decided on making a decent LOW BUDGET gaming pc for games like 'pop series' 'nfs series'
'ea series-football cricket',occasional gaming of hitman, 'forgotten sands',etc. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM GOING WRONG EXPERTS!
INTEL CORE I3 2100,
ASUS P8H67-M(inludes crossfire,gpu boost),
SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 4670 512ram ddr3,
Psu:FSP SAGA 2 (500w),
Kingston ddr3 ram (2gb+2gb),
Seagate barracuda 500gb(still confused),
Lcd monitor:ACER 16'' LED,
ATX CABINET-(any 25dollar one plz suggest)
samsung dvd writer,
Mouse+keyboard: logitech
PLZ CORRECT ME AND CHECK MY PSU AND GPU and monitor COMPATIBILITY!!! REPLY SOON

katokato

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
theres no reason why youd go intel if you want budget.
amd 955 costs less, if not the same than i3 and way better (since you can oc it also)

hotdev

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

Ya need it badly!
U saying black edition better than core i32100 in longevity?????? I culd seriously reconsider and can u tell me what type asus board will go with black edition????

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Your i3 2100 is already something i would be proud of.Its a budget build but in case amd bulldozer does something special i stick to intel for a better level of performance.What PSU budget do you have?

katokato

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
asus boards are one of the best to overclock with. you can manually oc it or use one of the utilities that comes with the board.
id rather take a 139 dollar quad core amd that easily overclocks than a dual core 124 dollar cpu.

hotdev

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

Not more than 55-60 dollars.sorry strapped off cash!

hotdev

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

can u please specify some examples of asus boards with model names for amd 955! Ill really appreciate ur effort for it

Uther39

Distinguished
All tho im a bit of an AMD fan, i cant help but feel he would be better off with the i3 chip which he can then later upgrade when money permits, but yes you should go at least 5770 or gtx 460 also a good budget atx case is Antec 300.

maverick knight

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
For the games your planing to play for now, save on the GPU and use the integrated graphics. Then slap a better alternative later on. if you dont have the budget for either a 5770 or a gtx 460 then wait a little longer. I believe any lower than those cards is just as good as the integrated graphic procesor of the i3 2100

hotdev

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
are u sure of dat integrated graphics will play ubisoft prince of persia forgotten sands im nt playing any higher currently????? Im counting on dat seriously!! if nt den i was wondering if sapphire hd 4670 512 ddr3 or gt9800 512 for time being?

maverick knight

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
for the time being it should be fine. Im not a fan of anything integrated but if it meas save some money for a few months and I can have something way better the heck yeah

Yes those cards that you mention are good for the time being, but your question is if the integrated graphic will play them so yes it will. Build your system first and if you think is not good enough then get the GPU. Like everyone else your better of with 5770 or 460.

nico144

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
i dunno about this. if i were building a budget build i'd wait a month and do a Llano build from AMD.

it'll be cheap, powerful enough on the CPU side, and the integrated graphics will beat anything Intel has, *and* can hybrid crossfire with a dedicated AMD card if you decide to upgrade on the cheap (sandy bridge cannot do this.)

honestly, i'd wait. Intel is really not for budget minded people, you pay too much and don't get enough.

wait for Llano desktop chips from AMD and make a build with one of those in a month or two.

if you don't want to wait, then i'd still recommend AMD and getting an Athlon II x3 or x4 for ~75-100 USD with this motherboard: ASUS M4A88T-M (also ~100 USD.) you could even do better on the motherboard if you shop around, maybe look at some of Gigabyte's offerings and cut a few features, could get as low as ~80 USD, maybe better.

shop around, man. look at AMD. your wallet will thank you and the games will play the same.