RARE Developing for DS

EXCLUSIVE: A brief sighting of Ken Lobb reveals a lot, especially for
Nintendo loyalists.

After going in and out of the Nintendo DS area tons of times and laughing
while people waited in line for 2 hours+, I went in on my second to last
trip and met up with Microsoft's Ken Lobb.

At first we played some Picto-Chat together where we communicated with our
drawings on the Nintendo DS.

Secondly, we began to speak and what he said was short but very revealing.

Being paraphrased as I don't have the exact quote, he went on and said,

"It's Mr. Pants would be great with the touch pad and the stylus!"

For those of you who don't know, It's Mr. Pants is a very mysterious Rare
game based off a character made up on its website at
http://www.rareware.com.

After him mentioning that, I began to speak to him about the Nintendo DS. He
loves the DS and confirmed with me that Rare does have DS development kits
and that two titles are in the works for the DS.
I for one am a huge fan of Rare and with Rare still making titles for the
GBA and the Nintendo DS, I cannot wait for their next title.

He also went on to say that It's Mr Pants! is complete and has been for some
time now, but for some reason THQ doesn't want to publish it.

More as it breaks.

Jonathan

Since Rare hasn't made anything worhtwhile since Goldeneye and Perfect Dark,
and never made anything worth while before that, I could care less about
them developing for the DS, unless it mean't an enhnaced Goldeneye port.

"Ice Wipe Inc." <birdworm12@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> EXCLUSIVE: A brief sighting of Ken Lobb reveals a lot, especially for
> Nintendo loyalists.
>
> After going in and out of the Nintendo DS area tons of times and laughing
> while people waited in line for 2 hours+, I went in on my second to last
> trip and met up with Microsoft's Ken Lobb.
>
> At first we played some Picto-Chat together where we communicated with our
> drawings on the Nintendo DS.
>
> Secondly, we began to speak and what he said was short but very revealing.
>
> Being paraphrased as I don't have the exact quote, he went on and said,
>
> "It's Mr. Pants would be great with the touch pad and the stylus!"
>
> For those of you who don't know, It's Mr. Pants is a very mysterious Rare
> game based off a character made up on its website at
> http://www.rareware.com.
>
> After him mentioning that, I began to speak to him about the Nintendo DS.
He
> loves the DS and confirmed with me that Rare does have DS development kits
> and that two titles are in the works for the DS.
> I for one am a huge fan of Rare and with Rare still making titles for the
> GBA and the Nintendo DS, I cannot wait for their next title.
>
> He also went on to say that It's Mr Pants! is complete and has been for
some
> time now, but for some reason THQ doesn't want to publish it.
>
> More as it breaks.

Jonathan

> I guess you didn't like Killer Instinct on the SNES

nope.

Jonathan

> How sad.
>
> Oh and can't forget the DKC series, now that is one of the best all-time
> classics.

Donkey Kind country is one of the most ovverrated pieces of shovelware ever.

But boy did it have purty pictures........

Jonathan wrote:
> "Ice Wipe Inc." <birdworm12@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> How sad.
>>
>> Oh and can't forget the DKC series, now that is one of the best
>> all-time classics.
>
> Donkey Kind country is one of the most ovverrated pieces of
> shovelware ever.
>
> But boy did it have purty pictures........

Yeah, I always considered it overrated. I always felt that DKC was a poor
man's Super Mario World. It had nice graphics, without a doubt, but the
gameplay and level-design seemed weak to me compared to SMW.

--
Just for kicks let's look at the word funeral for a moment. Starts with
the word FUN doesn't it.

Jonathan

"Dirtyred" <derytrid@liamtoh.com> wrote in message
> Jonathan wrote:
> > "Ice Wipe Inc." <birdworm12@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> How sad.
> >>
> >> Oh and can't forget the DKC series, now that is one of the best
> >> all-time classics.
> >
> > Donkey Kind country is one of the most ovverrated pieces of
> > shovelware ever.
> >
> > But boy did it have purty pictures........
>
> Yeah, I always considered it overrated. I always felt that DKC was a poor
> man's Super Mario World. It had nice graphics, without a doubt, but the
> gameplay and level-design seemed weak to me compared to SMW.

Well, I'll agree than SMW is better than DCK, but I'm not big on Mario game
either (save for Mario 2).