Solved

Biostar TA990FXE CMOS Fail?

Well I just recently got my new motherboard, a Biostar TA990FXE, and when I boot it the bios screen comes up, and then it changes to another screen that has information about my computer, and at the bottom it says "CMOS Fail. Press <del> to enter setup." In the motherboard's manual it says "Review system's equipment. Make sure correct information is in setup." I haven't changed anything in the setup, so I'm not too sure if I was supposed to change anything... I think that this CMOS failure is preventing me from updating my bios, I keep trying to and it just goes to the same version. Is it a bad CMOS battery? What else could it be, and how could I fix it?

Here's the rest of my specs:

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.2GHz
Asus ENGTX560 DCII GeForce GTX 560 (Non TI)
16GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz
750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Antec BP550 Plus 550W PSU

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about biostar ta990fxe cmos fail
  1. Best answer
    I have the same board, and encountered the same error after updating my bios to the latest version from Biostar.

Try resetting your CMOS, just a few jumpers labeled JCMOS1. I think it is on page 14 of your manual. Hope that helps.
  2. kellenberg2 said:
    I have the same board, and encountered the same error after updating my bios to the latest version from Biostar.

Try resetting your CMOS, just a few jumpers labeled JCMOS1. I think it is on page 14 of your manual. Hope that helps.

Yea, I was messing with it yesterday, I reset the CMOS, which didn't seem to work, then I went in the BIOS and changed something around, not too sure what I did-I think it had something to do with the PCIe slots-but it hasn't displayed since, and overall my boot seems to be faster.

Thanks for the help.
  3. Best answer selected by reconrey.
  4. kellenberg2 said:

I did actually try resetting the CMOS using the jumpers, same model TA990FXE, but it still displays the same message. Is there anything else that I may need to do? -- my mobo still displays "CMOS fail" and I can't find any other resources.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards CMOS Biostar