Sign in with
Your question

Msi z77 gd 65 bent pins

Last response: in Motherboards
April 18, 2012 2:24:10 AM

Well i orded my motherboard msi z77 gd65 on thursday from newegg and it arrives today, i open the shipping box and there are dents on the bon the motherboard comes in and im like oh crap, then i open it up and the protective cover on the motherboard was loose only the sticker holding it down, and there are bent pins all over my socket.

So anyone think newegg will accept my return?
becuse ive read other places they wont accept anything with bent pins

More about : msi z77 bent pins

a b V Motherboard
April 18, 2012 10:27:29 AM

If you noted the bent pins upon receiving your mobo and make a complaint to the shipping company the shipping company should cover it. Newegg will not accept returns if the damage is caused by UPS, which in this case its appears to be. UPS has its own insurance against this sort of thing. Contact UPS.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 18, 2012 11:14:43 AM

Take photos of the box and the damage to the motherboard and send it in an email to ups customer service and see what they say.
m
l
Related resources
April 18, 2012 7:21:18 PM

well i talked to a newegg rep today and they said they would take it since its the day after i got it and i had such a detailed account of how it came my only thing agaisnt newegg is that i have to pay the shipping on it and wait till AFTER ivy bridge comes out for me to get a board lets hope that newegg really does accept my board
m
l
a c 75 V Motherboard
April 18, 2012 9:48:36 PM

My experience with Newegg (mostly with chat) has been very positive. For a damaged board in shipping it shouldn't even be much of an issue. The only problem going through the shipper is that you have to wait for them to process the insurance on getting the insured amount back to you. I have also had good luck with UPS and Fedex in the past on damaged packages you just have to talk to one of them.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 19, 2012 2:24:18 AM

Shame you had to pay shipping but its great that they are giving you a new motherboard without a fight.
m
l
!