Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and i2500k.. Am I clocking it wrong?

hollow ropes

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
got this combo just a few days ago and it set up extremely well, hit 4.5 Ghz no problem with wunning it at 1666 even with my 1333 7-7-7-18 Patriot 5 RAM.

Well, after a few days of playing games and fooling around, I had to reset and it told me there was a voltage error. I set everyhing back to how it was, now it either hangs at the Windows loading screen or RIGHT befrore entering Windos (it flashes a block BSOD-tpye screen with black letters, then some sorta countdown memory dump ot something).

I've set everything back to default, I'm sure it's not a heat setting, what else could it before? I even tried re-installing Windows and it occured while trying to set it up. Can anyone help? I'm thinking I may need to adjust the volage or something along those lines? I hope the board didn't give out already.

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
The link I provided does not mention anything of shorting out the CMOS battery, it's a guide to overclock. This is to reset the bios completely. You pretty much turn off your computer > unplug AC adaoter > open the case > look for cmos battery [usually round with 2 pins around it] > hold metal object on them for a sec or two. That's how I reset my gigabyte 890 when something goes wrong :p look into it.