Status
Not open for further replies.

bubaseballfan

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Here is my system as it relates to my question:

Motherboard: Biostar A880G+
GPU: Galaxy GEForce 210

When I try to go to BIOS to enable surround view, the surround view option is locked on auto; i.e. I can't change that value between enabled/disabled.

Currently, I have my monitors setup running off the graphics card (hdmi + dvi)
I also have two other monitors hooked up to the internal graphics (vga + dvi).

The ones running off the internal graphics card are not recognized by windows.

I am not a gamer, and I do not need top of the line refresh rates, etc. I simply want the multiple monitors for more room to open up basic applications, internet, excel, word, etc.

Please advise.

Solution

The following cards are all fanless passively cooled AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics cards and will work with AMD/ATI...
If you remove the GeForce 210 and enter the BIOS Setup does it allow you to change the Surround View option to Enabled?

What is the Primary Video Controller option set to?
PCI-GFX0-GPP-IGFX (Default)
GFX0-GPP-IGFX-PCI
GPP-GFX0-IGFX-PCI
IGFX-GFX0-GPP-PCI

bubaseballfan

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010

I removed the GEForce 210, and entered BIOS setup. It did not allow me to change surround view to Enabled. It seems to be locked on Auto no matter what.

The primary Video Controller Option is set to: PCI-GFX0-GPP-IGFX

Other related items fro the internal graphics page:

VBios Type: HDMI
Internal Graphics Mode: UMA
UMA Frame buffer Size: Auto

GFX Engine Clock Override: Disable

FB Location: Above 4G

bubaseballfan

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010

Thank you for your help KO888.

Would you please suggest a few cards that may work well, given what I am trying to do below.

What I'm looking to do:

1. Run 2 - 24" monitors at 1920x1080 off of the graphics card
2. Run 2 - 19" monitors at 1280x1024 off the internal graphics
3. I do not do any gaming, this is more for business-related applications; excel, trading software, etc.
4. I would also prefer a card that is quiet. I.E. my current card has a fan and is louder than my CPU and system fan. Are there cards out there that do not have fans and will not overheat under basic usage (i.e. non-gaming)

kennyj313

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010

If you have a spare PCI slot and you want to use the other monitors for only basic things, you could pick up a cheap PCI graphics card. I did that a few years ago when I was running a 9800 GT and a PCI 9400 GT. If I remember correctly, I got mine for around $40 on eBay and it worked fine for basic tasks.

The following cards are all fanless passively cooled AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics cards and will work with AMD/ATI SurroundView:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ption=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

Solution

kennyj313

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS