First build Under $750

I want to build my first comp and my budget is 750 dollars. I don't need a windows 7 cd because I can use my cousin's. I also have 22 inch monitor already.. so I am just looking for a new desktop.

The main purpose of this desktop is to be able to run 4 to 5 games at the same time.. Not like crysis or black ops that require too much memory but im talking about casual games like Maplestory or Runescape. I have to run 4 to 5 at the same time and turn a bot on because I will be gathering game gold and sell them to this one site.. :p I know I could just buy 4 crappy computers, but instead of buying 4 computers, I thought running those with 1 computer using a Virtual machine software such as vmware would be a good idea since my room is small...

Location = USA
Budget = 750 $

What kind of specs do you recommend for my case?

For the brands, I want a AMD cpu and Geforce graphic card

I would really apprecaite it if you gimme a link to Newegg for each part :D!

Thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about first build
  1. Just so you are aware, a 400-500 watt system running applications 24/7 adds about $40 a week to your electric bill....

If this still seems a worthy cause, an 880FX board and some sort of Phenom X4 should be moderately priced. (I'd opt for an 8 GB mem kit)

You might be able to assemble a higher performing i5/2400 w/ H67 mb for similar costs, so I'm not sure I'd intentionally choose an X4 over an i5 in many scenarios.
  2. So, running bots on these games falls well within the 'rules' of the game, I'm assuming?
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product