First build Under $750

star293

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I want to build my first comp and my budget is 750 dollars. I don't need a windows 7 cd because I can use my cousin's. I also have 22 inch monitor already.. so I am just looking for a new desktop.

The main purpose of this desktop is to be able to run 4 to 5 games at the same time.. Not like crysis or black ops that require too much memory but im talking about casual games like Maplestory or Runescape. I have to run 4 to 5 at the same time and turn a bot on because I will be gathering game gold and sell them to this one site.. :p I know I could just buy 4 crappy computers, but instead of buying 4 computers, I thought running those with 1 computer using a Virtual machine software such as vmware would be a good idea since my room is small...

Location = USA
Budget = 750 $

What kind of specs do you recommend for my case?

For the brands, I want a AMD cpu and Geforce graphic card

I would really apprecaite it if you gimme a link to Newegg for each part :D!

Thanks in advance

Just so you are aware, a 400-500 watt system running applications 24/7 adds about $40 a week to your electric bill....

If this still seems a worthy cause, an 880FX board and some sort of Phenom X4 should be moderately priced. (I'd opt for an 8 GB mem kit)

You might be able to assemble a higher performing i5/2400 w/ H67 mb for similar costs, so I'm not sure I'd intentionally choose an X4 over an i5 in many scenarios.