Helping a friend choose a new PC.
He has around $1000 (AUD) to spend. ($1200 absolute tops...)
Need a PC and monitor for that budget (have speakers/kb&mouse)
Pretty standard usage:
Internet; MS Office (already have); Gaming; light use of PhotoShop/Premier/After Effects.
Won't be overclocking, or needing BluRay.
- As always, key requirements is getting a good value system thats as futureproof as possible.
For various reasons, we will not be building the machine and will be purchasing the machine from a reputable store (with terrible website) called MSY.
- They have a bunch of various configurations to start with, like this one.
- In terms of tinkering the parts, the general rule is that I am limited to this parts page. (May need updating, so new stuff may be ok, not sure).
From some limited advice in another forum, I have the following spec together:
What am I asking for help on?
Q1 - Do you agree with the above setup?
Q2 - Still need a case + PSU (I am limited to the cases on the parts page).
Some people were saying that the bundled PSUs are rubbish. Is it worth buying a separate PSU?
Really looking forward to wise advice from you lot.
Thanks rolli59, ill see what the PSU that comes with it is like, and if it sucks, ill order a better PSU.
Id prefer to keep with the 2500 I think.
Perhaps I can cut some corners with the mobo choice?
Is a P67-Pro overkill?
- Want firewire
- Want good onboard sound (although 2.1 is sufficient)
- Do I want USB3? Is this going to be the norm soon?
- Will not be overclocking