Sign in with
Your question

Low fps on 560 sli

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 28, 2011 2:36:22 AM

i'm thinking.....am i having some bottleneck here...coz i can't get higher then 91 fps in black ops nor mw2
even i lower the graphic setting.
here is the setting in black ops

here is my computer space
mobo-ga x58-ud5
cpu-i7 920 oc to 3.67 (21x175) i'm not good at oc so please help me
ram- ocz ddr-3 1333 4gb
Vga-Msi 560 twin frozr in sli stock oc to 880
Power- cosari 850plus
thanks in advance.

More about : low fps 560 sli

a b Î Nvidia
February 28, 2011 2:49:44 AM

Why are you trying for more than 91 FPS?

Since you cannot get any higher its likely a CPU bottleneck, but its a pretty irrelevant one since your monitor is only showing you 60FPS anyway, crank up the graphics settings more to make use of that extra graphics horsepower you have.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 28, 2011 10:56:05 AM

That 16x Anti-Aliasing (AA) is probably what is lowering the framerates. Your CPU OC'd to 3.67 is not the bottleneck here. Try changing your AA to 4x and see if you get something comparable to in between the 1600x900 and the 1080p framerates in the following review:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/geforce-...

I'm guessing you may average around 140fps at 4xAA?
m
l
Related resources
February 28, 2011 2:10:49 PM

no different even i lower the res and no AA....
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 28, 2011 2:36:06 PM

Seriously, you won't see the difference when you got more than 90 fps...
m
l
February 28, 2011 2:47:04 PM

wa1 said:
Seriously, you won't see the difference when you got more than 90 fps...

i'm planing to get 120hz monitor...do you think i can get benefit.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 28, 2011 3:53:43 PM

See what happens if you OC the cards. If no change, see what happens if you change your CPU OC to 4ghz or somehing. If no change, then there's got to be another issue. Like, maybe forced Vsync or AA in Nvidia control panel.

Also, never rely on just one game. Especially CoD games which aren't very good ports of console games. It's come up many times that Black Ops has issues.
m
l
February 28, 2011 4:03:14 PM

Make sure to double check your settings in the Nvidia control panel too. If you have NCP forcing something, then changing game settings may not do anything. Just change all NCP to "application controlled" if not already
m
l
February 28, 2011 4:50:30 PM

If you're getting the same FPS with one card as two cards then the SLI isn't working as it should be.

The i7 is not a bottleneck stop saying he needs to OC it more.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 28, 2011 5:16:53 PM

minitron815 said:
If you're getting the same FPS with one card as two cards then the SLI isn't working as it should be.

The i7 is not a bottleneck stop saying he needs to OC it more.

He didn't mention if the performance was similar to single card.

Also, literally one person made the suggestion it might be the CPU bottlenecking. And the fact of the matter is, there might be an issue with it or maybe the RAM. Doubtful of course, but like I said previously adjusting the CPU OC would confirm for certain if it is or isn't the issue here.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 28, 2011 6:48:39 PM

wolfram23 said:
He didn't mention if the performance was similar to single card.

Also, literally one person made the suggestion it might be the CPU bottlenecking. And the fact of the matter is, there might be an issue with it or maybe the RAM. Doubtful of course, but like I said previously adjusting the CPU OC would confirm for certain if it is or isn't the issue here.

I'd be inclined to think so too, though he's OC'ing to almost the same level they've OC'd the same processor in this 580 SLI review that says nothing about CPU bottlenecking:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_5...

If this guy's at 3.67GHz, I don't think it's going to have that much of an effect when using 560s in SLI?

Just going from my own experience, I have an i7-930 that I do not OC and my 580s are near 100% GPU load in GPU-z when playing BFBC2 with everything maxed including AA transparency through control panel. They wouldn't reach these levels of utilization if the CPU were bottlenecking the data. I brought my RAM down to 1066 SPD settings and still get the same level of performance give or take an FPS or 2.
m
l
February 28, 2011 7:43:48 PM

RAM has almost no effect on gaming except loading; fps will not be affected by RAM.

I'm sure he's getting the same fps with a single card compared to the two cards otherwise he wouldn't be posting here.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
March 1, 2011 12:43:39 AM

The other thing to consider is, most often, you don't see the real benefit of SLI or Crossfire until you operate at higher resolutions. Can you try on a higher res monitor? 1080p available?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
March 1, 2011 12:46:01 AM

ubercake said:
The other thing to consider is, most often, you don't see the real benefit of SLI or Crossfire until you operate at higher resolutions. Can you try on a higher res monitor? 1080p available?

The image shows 1920x1200 so he should be good there
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
March 1, 2011 8:13:49 AM

wolfram23 said:
The image shows 1920x1200 so he should be good there

I didn't even look at that. True.

limpman - This may sound silly, but try switching the SLI connector so you can read SLI from the front of the PC and put it on the connectors on the video cards closest to the front of the PC.

I noticed on different forums, that when people had problems like this, it was often an issue with the [darn] SLI connector. The Nvidia control panel and GPU-z would show SLI, though the framerates wouldn't reflect this. Try re-arranging the SLI connector as I've stated above and let us know. If this doesn't work, you might look at getting a new SLI connector. The other thing to consider is maybe one card is just not fully functioning? Try to determine this ASAP if you still have time to exchange it for a new one.
m
l
March 1, 2011 1:26:14 PM

minitron815 said:
RAM has almost no effect on gaming except loading; fps will not be affected by RAM.

I'm sure he's getting the same fps with a single card compared to the two cards otherwise he wouldn't be posting here.

yeah that's right i'm geting same fps on single card...
thanks all for your help i'll test more other game in coming days see what happen...
edit:-but when i test 3d mark 11 i get fair score around p8030
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
March 1, 2011 2:16:05 PM

That score is pretty good. My best score was 8418 at 4.13ghz i5 750 and 985/1210 on my CF 5850s. At my daily settings I scored 7529. I'd say SLI is working, there must be some driver issues. Maybe the latest ones aren't the best? ATI drivers tend to be the same way sometimes lol.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
March 1, 2011 3:37:47 PM

Another question... Did you get Black Ops from Steam?
m
l
March 4, 2011 9:13:19 AM

ubercake said:
Another question... Did you get Black Ops from Steam?

no i have dvd disk....
now i'm playing bfbc2 i got 81-128fps in 1920x1200 and every thing high.
i thing black ops got problem in sli mode.
Edit:- i have screen capture in black ops which show only one gup been used.how to enable sli...please help.

m
l
!