Biostar TA880GU3+ cmos jumper issue

gr0bda

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I have a weird problem with this motherboard. I was trying to unlock 4th core but it got stuck on biounlocking screen and eventually refused to post. Switched CPUs I can again make it to go to windows, but one thing I noticed
cmos jumper should be on 1-2 pins to operate however when in that postion it will not post and the led lights 3 and 4 are off which according to manual:
3 = vga error and 4 = abnormal cpu/chipset error

Now I have the cmos jumper on pins 2-3, which supposed to clear cmos and is not for normal operation, but I'd swear it came like that and it works with that jumper being set to clear cmos! What gives? I can boot computer ok, with pins 2-3 but cannot boot with pins 1-2!
and the led codes are 3=is on, but not as bright as the 1&2, but 4 is still off, what the hell is going on!?
Is my motherboard toast?

EDIT: Dear diary I have swapped the cpus from phenom to athlon and then back to phenom and everything seemed to be working just fine untill blue screen with error 0x000000DA and something about PTE, and now computer won't boot! WHY!!!?
and btw some kind of phase LED is off now (it's not really explained in the manual what is that, (thx Biostar for "thorough" manual).

Millsy

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
I had pretty much the same issue. I don't know who you are, or where you are but thank you for taking the time to post.
You are right about the jumpers being wrongly labeled in the manual. I took mine off, checked the manual and blinked - I was 99.9% sure I was right but I went with the manual anyway. After reading your post I went back and put them on pins 2&3.
Touchwood my computer is working fine.
I am sending mental blessings your way.