My PC freezes randomly! Unresponsive! i5 2500k!!

electriksoda

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Hello,
I need help with my new PC build. Installation of the OS was fine, no problems. The general putting together of the machine was fine. Installing all my games has been successful. But when it came to playing them, my computer freezes and becomes unresponsive?!

I can play Bejeweled 3 and Runescape and that is it! I experience most problems when attemping to play Minecraft.

Even though I can play Bejeweled and Runescape my computer still restarts from time to time.

Basically, my question is what can I do to resolve this matter! I have tried many things including reseating the CPU, Graphics Card and RAM. I have tried reinstalling drivers for the motherboard. I have checked to see that it is not overheating. This has only happened since I built my new system as well. The system cost me alot of money and this really is a last resort for me.

These are my system specifications:

-Intel i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz
-Biostar Tseries TP67B+
-NVidea GeForce 7300 GS
-Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600mhz 1.5V
-Samsung spinpoint F3 1TB @ 7200rpm
-Arctic Pro 750W Modular PSU (80 Plus)

One final note: The graphics are terrible, but I can safely say that it can't be what is wrong because this didn't used to happen with my old machine which used the same card.

Any comments, feedback or help would be very much appreciated and thank you very much in advance for all your support!

electriksoda

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Ok, I guess I'll have to give that a go when I get my new DVD drive. The one I used to install my OS was a USB one that I borrowed

electriksoda

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Ok, thanks so much for your help and once I can. I'll reinstall my OS and hope for the best :D Everything you've told me can be put to some use once I do

Thanks

Bigmac80

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
i have the same ram and cpu as you and my system use to do the same thing until i overclocked the voltage on my ram to 1.65volts..since then no freezes

electriksoda

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
You did help me discover that it was a RAM problem! Corsair Vengeance RAM clearly sucks! Can anyone help me with this dilemma? I really can't afford anymore RAM right now