Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Microsoft will support Nintendo DS

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Video
  • Games
  • Microsoft
  • Nintendo
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 10:10:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn

MS furthers development of the title for handheld game machines of
Nintendo.

Game machine [ next-generation ] "Nintendo DS handheld" of Nintendo
Microsoft plans to make one of the game work subsidiaries develop the
software title to turn. Nintendo DS handheld is the system of a dual
screen, and is due to be shipped late in 2004.

For Microsoft, it is the video game market where competition is
intensifying, and it is very new to offer the software of the
competition other company. However, it will be almost uninfluential in
fact, even if it develops the game turned Nintendo DS handheld, since
Microsoft is not taking out the handheld computer system. A more
important thing leads to this motion attacking Sony which is the
strong rival of Microsoft. Sony is going to put the handheld computer
system "Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP)" of its company on the market
at the beginning of 2005.

http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn

More about : microsoft support nintendo

Anonymous
May 25, 2004 2:28:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

LOL! The source is on Excite.co.jp ? ROTFLMAO .

Let's wait for the same news from another source.


"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:51488ce2.0405241710.69df767@posting.google.com...
> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
>
> MS furthers development of the title for handheld game machines of
> Nintendo.
>
> Game machine [ next-generation ] "Nintendo DS handheld" of Nintendo
> Microsoft plans to make one of the game work subsidiaries develop the
> software title to turn. Nintendo DS handheld is the system of a dual
> screen, and is due to be shipped late in 2004.
>
> For Microsoft, it is the video game market where competition is
> intensifying, and it is very new to offer the software of the
> competition other company. However, it will be almost uninfluential in
> fact, even if it develops the game turned Nintendo DS handheld, since
> Microsoft is not taking out the handheld computer system. A more
> important thing leads to this motion attacking Sony which is the
> strong rival of Microsoft. Sony is going to put the handheld computer
> system "Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP)" of its company on the market
> at the beginning of 2005.
>
> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 2:57:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

R420 wrote:

> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn

<hilarious Babel Fish translation snipped>

Since MS already confirmed that Rare would be making games for the GBA, this
doesn't come as a major shock. Tho it would be interesting if it was
Microsoft Games Studios itself making games for the DS.

-Z-
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 4:25:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
>
> MS furthers development of the title for handheld game machines of
> Nintendo.
>
> Game machine [ next-generation ] "Nintendo DS handheld" of Nintendo
> Microsoft plans to make one of the game work subsidiaries develop the
> software title to turn. Nintendo DS handheld is the system of a dual
> screen, and is due to be shipped late in 2004.
>
> For Microsoft, it is the video game market where competition is
> intensifying, and it is very new to offer the software of the
> competition other company. However, it will be almost uninfluential in
> fact, even if it develops the game turned Nintendo DS handheld, since
> Microsoft is not taking out the handheld computer system. A more
> important thing leads to this motion attacking Sony which is the
> strong rival of Microsoft. Sony is going to put the handheld computer
> system "Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP)" of its company on the market
> at the beginning of 2005.
>
> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn

I've stayed up too late and forgotten the English language...I hate when
that happens.
--
Xbox Live Games: TOCA Race Driver 2 and PGR2.
Currently Playing: Custom Robo, Billy Hatcher
Blatant Whoring: Visit www.nintendo-evolved.com and www.xbox-evolved.com for
the latest news, reviews, and the rest of the coverage for the best two
consoles.
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 5:14:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message

What's that? It looks like Yoda wrote that, while drunk.
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 1:58:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

radeonr420@yahoo.com (R420) wrote in message news:<51488ce2.0405241710.69df767@posting.google.com>...
> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
>
> MS furthers development of the title for handheld game machines of
> Nintendo.

It does make sense when you think about it. "The enemy of my enemy is
my friend" and all that...

- Jordan
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 2:48:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:51488ce2.0405241710.69df767@posting.google.com...
> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
>
> MS furthers development of the title for handheld game machines of
> Nintendo.
>

For the rumour mill:

Makes you wonder exactly how far the relationship between Microsoft and
Nintendo goes... the specs for the new consoles are not dissimiliar (at
least according to a couple sources )...
May 25, 2004 6:18:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:51488ce2.0405241710.69df767@posting.google.com...
> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
>
> MS furthers development of the title for handheld game machines of
> Nintendo.
>
> Game machine [ next-generation ] "Nintendo DS handheld" of Nintendo
> Microsoft plans to make one of the game work subsidiaries develop the
> software title to turn. Nintendo DS handheld is the system of a dual
> screen, and is due to be shipped late in 2004.
>
> For Microsoft, it is the video game market where competition is
> intensifying, and it is very new to offer the software of the
> competition other company. However, it will be almost uninfluential in
> fact, even if it develops the game turned Nintendo DS handheld, since
> Microsoft is not taking out the handheld computer system. A more
> important thing leads to this motion attacking Sony which is the
> strong rival of Microsoft. Sony is going to put the handheld computer
> system "Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP)" of its company on the market
> at the beginning of 2005.
>
> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn

So basically its dooomed to continual updates and patches then?
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 6:32:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:51488ce2.0405241710.69df767@posting.google.com...
> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
>
> MS furthers development of the title for handheld game machines of
> Nintendo.

That's interesting. I just got the July issue of EGM, and in The Rumor
Mill, the Q-Man states, "the intel I've come across indicates that Microsoft
has in the works a brand-new Halo title for -- brace yourself -- Nintendo's
Game Boy Advance."

Although it's not a definitive answer, the rumors in this section often end
up being true.
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 8:23:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

R420 wrote:

> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
>
> MS furthers development of the title for handheld game machines of
> Nintendo.
>
> Game machine [ next-generation ] "Nintendo DS handheld" of Nintendo
> Microsoft plans to make one of the game work subsidiaries develop the
> software title to turn. Nintendo DS handheld is the system of a dual
> screen, and is due to be shipped late in 2004.
>
> For Microsoft, it is the video game market where competition is
> intensifying, and it is very new to offer the software of the
> competition other company. However, it will be almost uninfluential in
> fact, even if it develops the game turned Nintendo DS handheld, since
> Microsoft is not taking out the handheld computer system. A more
> important thing leads to this motion attacking Sony which is the
> strong rival of Microsoft. Sony is going to put the handheld computer
> system "Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP)" of its company on the market
> at the beginning of 2005.
>
> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn

Surely we already know this. Rare is making DS games for one...
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 10:18:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

R420 wrote:

> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
>
> MS furthers development of the title for handheld game machines of
> Nintendo.

Microsoft is officially refuting the rumor:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/25/news_6099195.ht...

"Microsoft and its studios are focusing all efforts on developing quality
games for the Windows and Xbox platforms. Neither Microsoft Game Studios nor
any of its developers are involved in developing games for DS at this time.
Rare has developed, and is continuing to develop, Game Boy Advance games. At
this time, there are no plans to support the DS."

-Z-
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 2:28:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
news:c8ujnk0e18@news2.newsguy.com...
> R420 wrote:
>
>> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
>
> <hilarious Babel Fish translation snipped>
>
> Since MS already confirmed that Rare would be making games for the GBA,
> this
> doesn't come as a major shock. Tho it would be interesting if it was
> Microsoft Games Studios itself making games for the DS.
>

If this turns out to be true it is not really that "interesting"; since we
are one of the most successful developers of software for the Apple Mac.
Developing software for other platforms is not that big a deal.

--
Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
newsgroups

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
news:c8ujnk0e18@news2.newsguy.com...
> R420 wrote:
>
>> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
>
> <hilarious Babel Fish translation snipped>
>
> Since MS already confirmed that Rare would be making games for the GBA,
> this
> doesn't come as a major shock. Tho it would be interesting if it was
> Microsoft Games Studios itself making games for the DS.
>
> -Z-
>
>
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 2:28:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

On Tue, 25 May 2004 22:28:11 +0100, "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]"
<mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
>news:c8ujnk0e18@news2.newsguy.com...
>> R420 wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
>>
>> <hilarious Babel Fish translation snipped>
>>
>> Since MS already confirmed that Rare would be making games for the GBA,
>> this
>> doesn't come as a major shock. Tho it would be interesting if it was
>> Microsoft Games Studios itself making games for the DS.
>>
>
>If this turns out to be true it is not really that "interesting"; since we
>are one of the most successful developers of software for the Apple Mac.
>Developing software for other platforms is not that big a deal.
>

When the "other platform" is a direct competitor (and is edging you
out in sales) it IS a big deal. You're supplying your competition with
more ammo (money) in the war against you.

>--
>Regards,
>
>Mike
May 26, 2004 5:34:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:uPI4x8pQEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> news:c8ujnk0e18@news2.newsguy.com...
> > R420 wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.tinyurl.com/3ctwn
> >
> > <hilarious Babel Fish translation snipped>
> >
> > Since MS already confirmed that Rare would be making games for the GBA,
> > this
> > doesn't come as a major shock. Tho it would be interesting if it was
> > Microsoft Games Studios itself making games for the DS.
> >
>
> If this turns out to be true it is not really that "interesting"; since we
> are one of the most successful developers of software for the Apple Mac.
> Developing software for other platforms is not that big a deal.
>


It's funny, Microsoft totally destroyed Apple over the years by consistently
producing a superior product and yet if it wasn't for Microsoft's support
Apple would be dead by now.
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 5:34:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

> It's funny, Microsoft totally destroyed Apple over the years by consistently
> producing a superior product and yet if it wasn't for Microsoft's support
> Apple would be dead by now.

Microsoft's product superior to Apple's? Now that is funny. Microsoft didn't
destroy Apple because of superior product, they destroyed Apple because of
aggressive (monopolistic?) practices, because Apple has traditionally been
more expensive and because the majority of people are idiots who buy
whatever the majority of idiots has bought...like the PS2 *says this as a
PS2 owner* and GBA *also own that...although there hasn't been better
competition to this point really.*

>The Gamecube is not edging out the Xbox in sales...in fact it's the other
> way around.

Only it isn't the other way around...the GCN is ahead of the Xbox in total
sales currently.

>You seem to forget that Microsoft is also making money on this.

On gaming...no. For specifically DS development if it were to happen,
yes...because software is generally profitable unless the game tanks.
--
Xbox Live Games: TOCA Race Driver 2 and PGR2.
Currently Playing: Custom Robo, Billy Hatcher
Blatant Whoring: Visit www.nintendo-evolved.com and www.xbox-evolved.com for
the latest news, reviews, and the rest of the coverage for the best two
consoles.
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 10:33:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"Perfect" <PBC> wrote in message news:9cOdncEOYIMYtindRVn-sA@giganews.com...

>
> The Gamecube is not edging out the Xbox in sales...in fact it's the other
> way around.

Actually, that's not true. Not according to Sony (per their press
conference at E3), who lists 13.7 million Xboxes sold, and 13.9 million
Gamecubes worldwide as of March. And those numbers match closely with both
Microsoft's and Nintendo's own earnings reports (through Jan 2004), which
are available at the links below. Happy reading.

Nintendo Consolidated Earnings Report, Jan 2004 link:



http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/040129e.pdf



Microsoft Earnings Conference Call, Jan 2004 link:



http://microsoft.shareholder.com/webcast/MediaPresentat...
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 12:01:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

Bondo wrote:
>> It's funny, Microsoft totally destroyed Apple over the years by
>> consistently producing a superior product and yet if it wasn't for
>> Microsoft's support Apple would be dead by now.
>
> Microsoft's product superior to Apple's? Now that is funny. Microsoft
> didn't destroy Apple because of superior product, they destroyed
> Apple because of aggressive (monopolistic?) practices, because Apple
> has traditionally been more expensive and because the majority of
> people are idiots who buy whatever the majority of idiots has
> bought...like the PS2 *says this as a PS2 owner* and GBA *also own
> that...although there hasn't been better competition to this point
> really.*
>
>> The Gamecube is not edging out the Xbox in sales...in fact it's the
>> other way around.
>
> Only it isn't the other way around...the GCN is ahead of the Xbox in
> total sales currently.
>
>> You seem to forget that Microsoft is also making money on this.
>
> On gaming...no. For specifically DS development if it were to happen,
> yes...because software is generally profitable unless the game tanks.

Personally I like to think that Apple almost destroyed itself (with help
from IBM). Here's the story:

IBM contacted Bill Gates (MS) and Gary Kidall (Digital Research, CPM) for an
OS for their upcoming PC. Kidall didn't return the call (1st stupid mode by
the competition). MS got the contract. In the contract, Gates asked to be
allowed to license PC-DOS to other manufacturors. IBM agreed (2nd stupid
move by the competition, this time IBM). IBM built their PC using off the
shelves parts, making it almost open - only the BIOS was proprietary (3rd
stupid mistake by the competition, 2nd by IBM), Almost instantly Phoenix
(and others) reverse engineered the BIOS, creating a huge market for PC
clones - and a huge market for MS. At that point Apple should have seen it
coming: they needed to license the Mac platform to other manufacturors. They
did years later, but it was too late.

And don,t forget that killer apps sell a platform. The IBM platform had
Lotus 1-2-3 (just like the Apple II had Visi-Calc years before), Apple had
nothing.

My $0.02
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 7:47:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

Mike wrote:
> The "other platform" is not a direct competitor. The
> Gameboy does not directly compete against the Xbox.

If Microsoft links the Xbox to Gameboy SP's to display maps and menus etc
(as in Final Fantasy CC) do you think Nintendo would approve because it
sells more Gameboys, or would they get pissed because it also helps Xbox
sales and is not allowed?
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 7:47:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

noahs-ark wrote:
>
> If Microsoft links the Xbox to Gameboy SP's to display maps and menus
> etc (as in Final Fantasy CC) do you think Nintendo would approve
> because it sells more Gameboys, or would they get pissed because it
> also helps Xbox sales and is not allowed?

They'd need Nintendo's approval to develop a linked game (not to mention
they'd have to develop an Xbox version of the link cable.) It would never
happen.

And Microsoft is officially refuting the rumors anyway:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/25/news_6099195.ht...

"Microsoft and its studios are focusing all efforts on developing quality
games for the Windows and Xbox platforms. Neither Microsoft Game Studios nor
any of its developers are involved in developing games for DS at this time.
Rare has developed, and is continuing to develop, Game Boy Advance games. At
this time, there are no plans to support the DS."

-Z-
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 10:43:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
news:c92eua0vkm@news1.newsguy.com...
> noahs-ark wrote:
> >
> > If Microsoft links the Xbox to Gameboy SP's to display maps and menus
> > etc (as in Final Fantasy CC) do you think Nintendo would approve
> > because it sells more Gameboys, or would they get pissed because it
> > also helps Xbox sales and is not allowed?
>
> They'd need Nintendo's approval to develop a linked game (not to mention
> they'd have to develop an Xbox version of the link cable.) It would never
> happen.
>
> And Microsoft is officially refuting the rumors anyway:
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/25/news_6099195.ht...
>
> "Microsoft and its studios are focusing all efforts on developing quality
> games for the Windows and Xbox platforms. Neither Microsoft Game Studios
nor
> any of its developers are involved in developing games for DS at this
time.
> Rare has developed, and is continuing to develop, Game Boy Advance games.
At
> this time, there are no plans to support the DS."

you know they're only making rare make games for the GBA becuase stupid
Nintendo fanboys have a couple of them and its cheap to make games for the
GBA.
May 27, 2004 12:16:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"Bondo" <happyhappy@joyjoy.com> wrote in message
news:BCD98CB6.10E84%happyhappy@joyjoy.com...
> > It's funny, Microsoft totally destroyed Apple over the years by
consistently
> > producing a superior product and yet if it wasn't for Microsoft's
support
> > Apple would be dead by now.
>
> Microsoft's product superior to Apple's? Now that is funny.

It's funny because your reply came from Entourage and it's
true...well...simply because it's true. 95% vs 3%

>Microsoft didn't
> destroy Apple because of superior product, they destroyed Apple because of
> aggressive (monopolistic?) practices, because Apple has traditionally been
> more expensive and because the majority of people are idiots who buy
> whatever the majority of idiots has bought...


Honestly even you couldn't possibly believe this tripe, the numbers don't
lie 95% vs 3%. The overwhelming majority of people don't waste their money
on an inferior product simply because everyone else is doing it. Apple
simply doesn't provide a desktop solution that most are interested in...if
they didn't their market share wouldn't have gone down from 5% to 3% in the
past two years or so. Apple is a niche company and will remain that way for
the forseeable future.
May 27, 2004 3:23:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:ySWsc.10283$Tn6.5419@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> "Perfect" <PBC> wrote in message
news:9cOdncEOYIMYtindRVn-sA@giganews.com...
>
> >
> > The Gamecube is not edging out the Xbox in sales...in fact it's the
other
> > way around.
>
> Actually, that's not true. Not according to Sony (per their press
> conference at E3), who lists 13.7 million Xboxes sold, and 13.9 million
> Gamecubes worldwide as of March. And those numbers match closely with
both
> Microsoft's and Nintendo's own earnings reports (through Jan 2004), which
> are available at the links below. Happy reading.
>
> Nintendo Consolidated Earnings Report, Jan 2004 link:
>
>
>
> http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/040129e.pdf
>
>
>
> Microsoft Earnings Conference Call, Jan 2004 link:
>
>
>
>
http://microsoft.shareholder.com/webcast/MediaPresentat...
>
>


Ah yes I am aware of these two links. This information is relatively old
and dated at this point and doesn't take into account the relatively
stagnant sales the Gamecube has experienced thus far this year with the
relatively brisk sales the Xbox has enjoyed. In any event lets say that the
Xbox has clearly outsold the Gamecube in every region except Japan. Surely
you'd agree.
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 8:49:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

On Wed, 26 May 2004 23:23:55 -0400, "Perfect" <PBC> wrote:

>
>"Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>news:ySWsc.10283$Tn6.5419@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>> "Perfect" <PBC> wrote in message
>news:9cOdncEOYIMYtindRVn-sA@giganews.com...
>>
>> >
>> > The Gamecube is not edging out the Xbox in sales...in fact it's the
>other
>> > way around.
>>
>> Actually, that's not true. Not according to Sony (per their press
>> conference at E3), who lists 13.7 million Xboxes sold, and 13.9 million
>> Gamecubes worldwide as of March. And those numbers match closely with
>both
>> Microsoft's and Nintendo's own earnings reports (through Jan 2004), which
>> are available at the links below. Happy reading.
>>
>> Nintendo Consolidated Earnings Report, Jan 2004 link:
>>
>>
>>
>> http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/040129e.pdf
>>
>>
>>
>> Microsoft Earnings Conference Call, Jan 2004 link:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>http://microsoft.shareholder.com/webcast/MediaPresentat...
>>
>>
>
>
>Ah yes I am aware of these two links. This information is relatively old
>and dated at this point and doesn't take into account the relatively
>stagnant sales the Gamecube has experienced thus far this year with the
>relatively brisk sales the Xbox has enjoyed. In any event lets say that the
>Xbox has clearly outsold the Gamecube in every region except Japan. Surely
>you'd agree.
>

Not until you can provide facts (ie, links) to back up your claims,
like Leon Dexter has.
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 2:09:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

Marty James wrote:

> FACT: The most popular product will not necessarily be the best.
> AND Inversely, The best product will not necessarily be the most
> popular.

You're trying to defend the Mac platform in gaming newsgroups? That's funny.

-Z-
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 8:59:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
news:c953r60472@news4.newsguy.com...
> Marty James wrote:
>
> > FACT: The most popular product will not necessarily be the best.
> > AND Inversely, The best product will not necessarily be the most
> > popular.
>
> You're trying to defend the Mac platform in gaming newsgroups? That's
funny.

His point is valid. Apple could put out the most kick ass gaming machine
ever devised, at a low price, and Mac game sales would still only account
for a tiny percentage of the market.
!