Tom's Hardware System Builder

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
“You are good with computers, right? What kind of computer should I get?” The question put to you by every Uncle Phil and Aunt Ida since the dawn of time. Well, we’ve got an app for that now.

We are proud to announce the introduction of the Tom’s Hardware System Builder App on Facebook. Create and customize your own unique systems from a huge library of components. Share and compete by showing off your builds with your fellow hardware enthusiasts and check out the latest, hottest rigs around. And best of all, you can answer that ages-old question “What kind of system should I get?” by building it with a few swift clicks and sharing it right on your Facebook wall.

Be sure to check it out!

aminebouhafs

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

Got nothing else other than FaceBook?
You see, the last thing I'll ever do is to register at some "community-site" where people without a personal life meet to "live".
I, for instance, have got a life. A very busy life. That means that I haven't got any tme digging in those crap sites.
So please, bare with me, will you?
I just need to know what the "exact" specs are for a high spec but low cost system.
The latest games are very important to me as are sound-, image- and play-quality.
Thanks in advance.

Greetz, Amine Bouhafs

jbakerlent

Distinguished
Amine, if you would like specific help with a new build for gaming, try posting here in the Systems forum. Click the Ask the Community button at the top and fill out the Build Advice form in my signature, I'm sure you'll receive some guidance.

ouch

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

I'm afraid I'll have to echo Amine's comments earlier..

I don't subscribe to facebook, and have no intention of doing so. However I can't praise Tom's Hardware enough for the quality of information supplied to weekend-warriors such as myself.

Personally I think the system builder app is a great idea, and would love a chance to use it, however I'm not going to whore out my personal details on facebook to do so.

Please could you consider catering for those of us who aren't caught up in social networking and make the app available to web users as a whole, rather than just an exclusive subset.

Many thanks..