Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

ATI Radeon 5770 enough for this specs?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 28, 2011 8:52:36 AM

Motherboard - MSI 790gx,
Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black edition @ 3.06ghz
Monitor - ACER AL1702W, reso: 1400x900 max
Ram - 2x2gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz
HDD - seagate barracuda 1tb 7200rpm
PSU - (will change according to the graphics card)


Is ATI Radeon HD5770 1gb enough for the above specifications? I think I don't need an extreme graphics card as I have only 1400x900 resolution maximum.
Or should I get a better card? If so, which one?

(please don't give suggestions on changing the specifications given above, I plan on selecting a graphics card only, nothing more :)  )

Thanks :) 

More about : ati radeon 5770 specs

a c 141 U Graphics card
February 28, 2011 8:59:16 AM

you should be fine with 5770 at that resolution. even my much weaker GTS250 able to play well with 1600x900 resolution
February 28, 2011 9:01:12 AM

renz496 said:
you should be fine with 5770 at that resolution. even my much weaker GTS250 able to play well with 1600x900 resolution

So, is there sense in doing crossfire with the HD5770?
Related resources
February 28, 2011 9:05:02 AM

if your going to crossfire 5770s why not just get a 6850/70 instead and crossfire them later on?
February 28, 2011 9:09:46 AM

6850 crossfire makes a lot more sense... i know 6850 is a bit more expensive than 5770 and you said no suggestion... but it really does make a lot more sense... two 5770 are pretty powerful as well if you want those... i guess most games support crossfire by now dont know y you would want that because a single 5770 for you is already enough
a c 141 U Graphics card
February 28, 2011 10:09:24 AM

mercuryman24 said:
So, is there sense in doing crossfire with the HD5770?


5770 in CF will perform like single 5870. btw only thinking of CF when you really need more performance. because by the time you need more performance there might be better deal than adding second card to your system. if you're going to upgrade your monitor soon then you might want to get something better than 5770 right now

EDIT: typo
a b U Graphics card
February 28, 2011 10:35:06 AM

I agree, a 6850 is priced higher then a 5770 but will overall perform better while keeping with the low power requirements. The best bet is to go with a 6850, although the 5770's are wonderful cards and can manage most games on high at 1680x1050 while staying above 30fps.
February 28, 2011 12:46:58 PM

dalta centauri said:
I agree, a 6850 is priced higher then a 5770 but will overall perform better while keeping with the low power requirements. The best bet is to go with a 6850, although the 5770's are wonderful cards and can manage most games on high at 1680x1050 while staying above 30fps.

My monitor only supports upto 1440x900. Is having crossfire any advantageous with my *** monitor?
thats what I asked. and u giving something else.

Best solution

a c 141 U Graphics card
February 28, 2011 1:28:08 PM
Share

single 5770 is fine but in CF it will be overkill for your resolution. as i said before 5770 CF is equal to 5870. that kind of horsepower able to handle 1920x1080 or even 2560x1600 (with some details got tone down). i think you should go for single 5770 if you're not going to get monitor with bigger resolution anytime soon
February 28, 2011 1:55:29 PM

renz496 said:
single 5770 is fine but in CF it will be overkill for your resolution. as i said before 5770 CF is equal to 5870. that kind of horsepower able to handle 1920x1080 or even 2560x1600 (with some details got tone down). i think you should go for single 5770 if you're not going to get monitor with bigger resolution anytime soon

thanks dude... i was waiting for such an answer...
so i think i would buy a gaming monitor and PSU for CFing
February 28, 2011 1:55:57 PM

Best answer selected by mercuryman24.
!