Mid july build... wait for new parts?

im planning to build a high end desktop, and it looks like i'll have the money i need by mid july. Correct me if I am wrong, but at that point, the GTX 500 series, along with the sandy bridge processors and etc.. will be around 9 months or so old? so the question is should i watt for new processors (what will it be?) and 600 series gfx cards? i don't want to spend $1500 - $1700 on a rig that will be obsolete within a couple months.. opinions?

P.S. i know this decision is "up to me", but when i ask for your opinions, i am simply asking what you would do if you were in my position. thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about july build wait parts
  1. I would wait until July to see what is available.
  2. ^ I agree with Rick. Bulldozer will be out, as well as maybe Ivy bridge.
  3. Today, sandy bridge, probably 2500K is the way to go.

The Z68 chipset is due soon, so you should see that by june.

22nm sandy bridge, is 1Q2102 probably.
    socket 2011 , the follow on to 1366 may be out by year end, but will be more for servers and workstations than for gaming.

Bulldozer is scheduled for june. It remains to be seen if it will finally launch, and if it will be competitive with Intel.
    I do not expect anything much in graphics untill late in the hear, or next year.

In the mean time, I suggest you keep abreast of the news.

Start shopping for the things that will not change, like a case, or psu.

As with all things electronic, price performance gets continually better. Particularly for SSD's.

Get electronics as late as possible.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Processors Systems Product