ASUS P8Z77-V DELUX or Sabertooth Z77

Crap... I cant seem to make my mind up between these two boards. I was initially waiting for the Sabertooth Z77 but upon taking a closer look the P8Z77-V DELUXE offers a whole lot more features, voltage delivery wise. I intend to do some intensive overclocking on a i5 2500K (nothing extreme since Im sticking to air cooling).
My doubt is basically if the P8Z77-V DELUXE is worth the extra $27, or if I can do the same thing on the Sabertooth Z77 with out having to expend the extra cash.

Here is the list of "extra" features the P8Z77-V Deluxe has that the Sabertooth lacks. (Ive deleted the ones common to both boards ):

- Smart DIGI+ Key- quickly delivers higher VRM frequency, voltage and current for superior CPU/iGPU/DRAM overclocking performance with one switch.
- Smart CPU Power Level (Intel® VRD 12.5 Future Power Design)- provides the best digital power saving conditions.

- Auto Tuning
- TurboV
- GPU Boost
- TPU switch

- EPU switch

ASUS Digital Power Design :
- Industry leading Digital 20 Phase Power Design
(16 -phase for CPU, 4 -phase for iGPU)
- Industry leading Digital 2 Phase DRAM Power Design
- CPU Power Utility
- DRAM Power Utility

ASUS Exclusive Features :
- Ai Charger+
- ASUS SSD Caching
- Network iControl
- USB 3.0 Boost
- Disk Unlocker

ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-pipe solution
- ASUS Fan Xpert 2

- ASUS O.C. Tuner
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 2

4 answers Last reply
More about asus p8z77 delux sabertooth
  1. Anyone? Someone?
  2. Sabertooth. If youre not going to extreme OC, you don't need 16 phase power from the deluxe. besides, you can easily overclock on a sabertooth. However, some people don't like the colour scheme of the Sabertooth (I love it). Your choice mate, I'd recommend the sabertooth anyday. However, if 27 bucks isn't a big deal to you might as well go all the way for the deluxe.
  3. Does the sabertooth have the wi-fi and other features that that P8Z77-Deluxe or PRO have though?
  4. Nope, Sabertooth doesnt have WiFi but thats not an issue, I have a Wireless N PCIEx card, thats why I took it out of the equation. My issue is basically power (or voltage) delivery. Deluxe has 20 phase for CPU and iGPU plus 2 phase for memory, Sabertooth barely has 16 for all
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Sabertooth Product